Does Anyone Use Air Purifiers For Allergies?

MyThreeKittens

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My parents are nice enough to let me move back with them to save money for a house. But my mom is allergic. My cats are in the basement and sometimes she lets them come upstairs. But she's like a human cat detector because even if they are upstairs for 30 minutes when she's not home, she can tell when she gets home because she will get a little congested.

I want to make things easier for her, plus if I can control the allergens to a point where she can come down and not get congested, she will let them upstairs.

Basement is 600 sq ft, all carpet. Upstairs is 800 sq ft, all hardwoods.

Does anyone use air purifiers to control allergies? Any purifier you'd recommend?

I got 1 Winix C535 today from Costco. It was $100 and is rated at 360 sq ft. I'm trying it out in the basement. If it works well, I will get 2-3 more.

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
You made a good choice. We have a 22 year old Honeywell in the bedroom and it helps a lot. We got a much larger, MUCH more expensive one to cover the breakfast area, kitchen, and den. We could tell the difference within hours. It is critical to keep the filters clean/replaced regularly. They help quash any litter pan odor, too.