Does Anyone Say A Prayer

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Just a question.

When i am driving along to where ever i am going, if i see a dead animal on the road, i say a prayer and i say bless your souls.

Does anyone do anything along those lines or is it just me ?

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenever I see a dead animal on the road, I cry hysterically and get upset the whole day.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since we drive a lot, I often see these innocents lying on the side of the road. It never has gotten easier, I feel sick to my stomach. The first thing I think is "I'm so sorry your life had to end this way, little one." Then.. "I extend my love and heart to you, may the good Lord give you peace." I always shed a tear for them, they need someone to mourn their passing. It's especially hard when I see a mama and her baby, I always wonder if one went back to see what was wrong, and are there others......

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's a pet, I usually curse the owner quite loudly, even though there is no owner around.
If it's a wild animal, it's just the circle of life. A dead jackrabbit will feed the coyotes, crows or even a mountain lion, if it so chooses. A dead elk, DPS comes and harvest it for food banks. ect...
However, a dead skunk, nothing will touch.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I don't say a prayer, but I always stop and move the animal off the road. Other animals will come to scavenge from the dead body and they risk being hit too.

Cats I have to bring home and bury. I know a lot of them are feral cats, but I can't bear the thought that they're just left out in the open like that.

Most of my cats started off as feral and I'd want them to be buried if anything happened to them.

marmoset

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not religious but I do something akin to praying. I take a moment to think about and mourn the animal no matter what kind it is. It's a life and life is valuable.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually I say much less polite things than a prayer for the #!@* who ran over it.

And I live in fear that I may hit something someday.

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Usually I say much less polite things than a prayer for the #!@* who ran over it.

And I live in fear that I may hit something someday.
So much this, I have had cats run in front of my car a few times the past few years. Luckily I have avoided every animal cat or not but it is one of the biggest fears in my life.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not pray and I rarely cry in general, but I do get very upset and feel a bit sick to my stomach and my heart.