Does anyone here collect spoons?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone here collect spoons?  I'm not talking the cutlery kind. I'm referring to those small spoons you buy at gift or airport shops and hang on a spoon rack to remember places you've been.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No one?

Ok, let me rephrase this.

Spoon collecting was forced upon me and as a result I have a wall plaque in the shape of a crest, filled with spoons from all over the world.  I've never had a place for it on a wall, so for years it was on a wall hidden by a cupboard. In my new apartment, there are no available walls in the kitchen to put things up, so I want to get rid of these.

If anyone here collects spoons, or wants to start, let me know. I would be glad to package it up and send it to you. I'll even pay the postage.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
What a nice thing to do! My mother had some collector-type spoons, but I don't know what happened to them.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mother did, she had a huge collection, which my sister now has.  I don't know if she would want additional spoons, but I could ask her if you don't find any other takers.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't remember where they are all from. A friend of mine saw that I had a single spoon on a spoon rack so she made it her mission to get one for me when she traveled around the world. I have spoons from Hawaii, Japan, Australia and about 30 other places.

I'd like them to go to someone who will display them and get some enjoyment from them. 

I don't have anywhere to keep the rack and it's just been laying on a counter collecting dust for the last 18 months, and I want my counter space back.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
My sister - in - law has loads but she doesn't display them in a rack: they have them in a nice little tankard on their coffee table and use them which I think is a lovely idea. It doesn't take up the space like a display cabinet so may be then you could keep them?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or can you get a display rack that you can mount on your wall?  I have my thimble collection mounted that way, takes up no space at all and they look nice.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Or can you get a display rack that you can mount on your wall?  I have my thimble collection mounted that way, takes up no space at all and they look nice.
I do have a rack, but I don't have any place to put. There are no kitchen walls in my apartment, only under counter back splash.

I'll try advertising on one of the local sites where I live. There must be someone who collects these types of spoons.

This weekend I'll polish up the spoons and wash the rack and take a picture of it.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you think she would want these?  I'll clean them up and post a picture this weekend.
sure if you would like to ship them to me and I'll make sure she gets them. if you are sending free of charge. ? Contact me and I'll give you my mailing address and thanks so much.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sure if you would like to ship them to me and I'll make sure she gets them. if you are sending free of charge. ? Contact me and I'll give you my mailing address and thanks so much.
I am at work and can't seem to get to the Private Message area.  Please send me a PM with your address and I'll mail the rack and spoons to you. I'll pay for the shipping.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am at work and can't seem to get to the Private Message area.  Please send me a PM with your address and I'll mail the rack and spoons to you. I'll pay for the shipping.
ok I'll send u the address. I appreciate it very much.

colts2broncos

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My family did for years.  What happened to that collection I'll never know.  I've got a bell collection going now., including all but maybe 8 states.  Spoon collecting is a lost art :(

algonanana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got my first spoon in 1955 from my Aunt Patty.  Now I have several hundred beautiful spoons.  I would be very happy to give your spoons a good home.  Let me know if they are still available, and thank you!