Does anyone have experience with Lactated Ringers vs Fluids from Feed Store

havecats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I was wondering if there is a difference between Lactated Ringers and the fluids you can buy at a local feed store. I have a stray cat that I took in months ago with kidney issues. I can't afford to take her to the vet at this time and I can see she is in need of fluids. So I went to a feed store nearby and asked for lactated ringers. The bag they gave me says it is for "Multiple Electrolyte Injection Type 1" but it doesn't say that it is lactated ringers. Wondering if this will be ok for my cat. I did do some research and it is for multiple use - dogs, cats, horses. It will probably be fine.

Also, has anyone used the fish amoxicillin and what was your experience like?

Thank you.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

havecats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would be administering fluids subq (subcutaneously) - under the skin. Don't know how she will take it though. Although I don't have any Pedialyte on hand I do have a homemade recipe for it. Maybe I should try that first. She does seem better today. I have been giving some food/water with a syringe. Then she would eat on her own. Last night and today she has been eating better.

I will be getting her to the vet in about a week or so. Just need to do some extra care for her for now.

Thanks for your response.