Doctors Face Accountability But Vets Do Not

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Pets are considered property. A transaction with a vet is no different than a transaction with a mechanic who operates on your car. It’s the sad truth.

Also, an account is needed to read the article that you linked to.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's odd. It opened O.K. for me when I clicked on the link in my thread-starting message.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
It works on my computer, but not my phone. :dunno:

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It opened without a problem for me too, but it's an absolutely horrible story. I like the idea of pets being put into a special category instead of being considered property. People consider pets family members so things need to change.

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Holy hell that's an awful, awful thing to read.

Why would someone convicted of animal abuse and cruelty EVER be allowed to practice as a vet after losing their licence? Let alone after losing their licence repeated times?

And that poor daschund - it was only 7 months old and in pain. To blame the owner for not saying that his dog bites is beyond pathetic. If I'd hurt my leg and someone was yanking me around it's quite possible I'd nip as well! Poor little pup.

Utterly loathsome.

:bat::bat::mad2:

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
A Azazel Here ya go [CW: graphic descriptions of cruelty]:

New York Times limits how many articles you can read in a day without a subscription. The Wayback Machine doesn't.