Do your cats get regular check ups?

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our vet's office sends us postcards when we should bring Butzie in again. I actually think that it is yearly, but I don't need to keep track because they do. I would bring her in if she is unhealthy, but just at her last checkup she got a clean bill of health - glossy fur, ears fine, weight fine and her teeth don't need cleaning.

One of the vets in the practice is certified to do acupucture for cats and dogs.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both Linus and Pixie have annual check-ups once a year.
My senior citizen Sassy goes at least once every six months or more because he has kidney issues.

Pix also had an extra visit to the vet this past year for some dental work..

My vet mails out little cards when the cats are due for their check-ups which are address to the cats and not to me...it's very cute..

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are senior kitties, so get to go 6 monthly, the first time for bloods and booster, second just for a once over - I should have timed it so they get one in one visit, and one in the other!! Molly does look to have lost some weight since her last checkup but it was only last month, I think I have been overdoing the senior food with her, if no improvement in another couple of weeks on adult food, she shall be back, and she went shortly after her first checkup due to sickness - it was wonderful knowing that she had only had bloods done a few weeks previously, so there wasn't that worry of it being something major.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Reasons for a yearly checkup (or semiannually for seniors). I took Much in for her 6 month checkup yesterday and she had her urine checked for kidney function. It turns out the poor thing had a UTI but wasn't showing any symptoms. Now we have to wait for the rest of the tests to see why she continues to lose weight (6 oz in 6 months).