Do your cats fight or get along?

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are those moments when two will get into a loud argument but friends also disagree once in a while, right?
My crew of 11 are okay with each other.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine all get along for the most part, play fighting mostly. Pepino jumps on all of them except Sophia
but he just wants to play
Mario and Sev ignore each other completely, because Mario wants to be the boss but Sev is
but they don't ever fight.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None of mine fight but Toby would be very happy if Coco would suddenly disappear. He isn't aggressive though so doesn't really do anything about it. I think Coco knows this because she seems to like to push his buttons. She'll stand in front of him and give him what I call "The Evil Eye". He'll start to growl, Coco will make a few false starts at him. Toby eventually runs away screaming with Coco chasing him. But Coco never tries to catch him. She just chases him for a short distance then stops and struts around with her back arched like she's saying "I'm bad! I'm bad!".
Coco really doesn't seem to dislike him though. Sometimes she tries to groom him. That doesn't go over very well with him though.
I think she just thinks it's fun to make him run away.

This is one of the reasons I think adopting adults cats is preferable. If you adopt one that has been with a foster in a house with other cats, you can know in advance if they are aggressive. Of course you also have to know that any cats you already have are not aggressive either.

I know a lot of people in these forums don't have the luxury of choosing their cats though. The cats choose them.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I selected 'other'. Ours get along for the most part, at different levels. Mr. Underfoot & Oreo are buddies and play together frequently. Mr. & Sylvestra are siblings and will sleep together and groom each other, but then sometimes they'll pick on each other too. Felixia would really rather be an only cat - she tolerates the others if they don't get too close into her personal space, and slaps at them if they do. We've never had any out-and-out fights though, and have never had any injuries.

sillylilykitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
At the moment, Lily and Star are okay with each other. We still dont let them wander about the house together but they havent attacked each other in a month or so now. I think in another month they will be able to be out together. Right now one of them always has to be in the "cage" or in a bedroom while the other one has the rest of the house.

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the 4 of mine get along well. Worm likes to pick on Kricket at times and I just have to yell at him and he stops, the most he'll do is give her a few good wacks and she crys but then it stops. Worm absolutely loves Possum, the first day home with 10 week old Possum, Worm took him in as his own baby. Worm grooms him and cuddles with him and they chase each other around. Kricket and Possum are good they kinda keep to themselves. Sloth loves everybody, hes still a kitten so he plays kinda rough but Worm and Possum give it right back to him and Kricket plays with him for so long then goes and hides. Kricket is the very independent cat of the house who does her own things and keeps the boys in check when needed. Worm, Possum & Sloth are my lil clowns but I'm sooooo happy they all get along no matter what happens.

creativgirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Rocky and Oliver are littermates and have been together since birth. Most of the time, they get along famously. Sometimes they'll growl, hiss or even swat each other, but 5 minutes later it's all forgotten.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats get along quite well. Both are males, one is 3months older than the other and the older is also neutered. They will be 2years old this year. The younger one is very energetic and doing something all the time and that annoys the older one who just wants to sit back and relax. They don't fight at all, just wrestle a bit sometimes but that's only playing.

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I put 'other' because Cleo and Maggie get along great. They often sleep together and groom each other. Lola doesn't really get along with either of them. She wants to be alpha cat, but Cleo isn't having any of it! I have twice found the three of them sleeping on my bed, within a few inches of each other. Both times I've been so shocked that I've taken a picture of it!

They don't usually fight loudly. There will occasionally be the isolated 'swat-fest', but it's usually silent. Often I will see Cleo chase Lola through the house, and down into the basement....only to be instantly followed by Lola chasing Cleo up the basement steps, and through the house. Lola will sometimes pick on Maggie, but that's fairly rare. She leaves her alone for the most part.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just wanted to add... I think Lily and Stumpy are co-queens. Stumpy tries to assert her dominance by trying to hump Lily (as was happening yesterday) rather than fighting, and Lily reacts by completely ignoring her - she looks like quite a snob

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brandy, Shark and Arwen have never got on with each other since the day we introduced them all. Even though Shark and Arwen are sisters, they don't like being near each other....sibling rivalry I guess