Do you use a de-tangler after you shampoo?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't use anything other than shampoo and conditioner but I probably should. I have shoulder length, thick, wavy hair and have had an awful time taming it lately.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I read a few of the reviews on the one that i use and I think I will continue paying extra for it at the salon.  The vast majority were very positive.  There were a few who said that the one they got from Amazon was different from what they had been using and they didn't like it.  I thought it was a very drastic price reduction.  With tax I pay a little over $18 at the salon and it is $11 on Amazon.

paiger8

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I use this 
I need to start ordering it from Amazon, much cheaper than what I pay at the salon.  A bottle lasts me a long time but my hair is much shorter than yours.  It's actually a leave in conditioner but it also detangles.  I have very fine hair but it still doesn't weigh it down at all.
This! I've used it for more than 10 years and it's the greatest thing ever. I had tons of static in my hair in the winter as a teenager, and my aunt (hairstylist) recommended this. I'd wet my hair down constantly to cut down on the static. Static gone the first time I used this. If I had to give up all my hair/make up products but 1, this would be my keeper. It keeps my hair smooth and conditioned, and I've never had a tangle with it. I have really really fine hair and it tangles BADLY. Trying to brush it without this is frustrating and takes forever. It could seriously take me up to 20-25 mins to comb my hair out before this, and now I can get through it in 30 seconds. I buy it in the liter size and refill my bottle. 

Last edited:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

I don't know if it's because of the winter weather or what, but man, my hair is getting very tangly after I shampoo. 
Interesting you bring this up--I've got long hair and have had an awful time with it lately.  I use shampoo and conditioner and normally don't have a problem combing it out after shampooing but the past few weeks I've really had a problem with tangly hair.  
I have a wide tooth comb in shower. I shampoo then condition. I comb through in shower while conditioner is still in and then rinse.
That's a good idea--I'm going to try that.  

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Natalie_CA, IMO, WEN is all hype. I've also read about it clogging water pipes. I think I used it for about six months or so and then started to notice huge amounts of hair in the shower drain. And in my comb. And OMgosh, the pumps you had to use! 16 pumps, 24 pumps! Shampoo twice, always. First time to clean the hair; second time for the cleanser to "bloom". They always say to use a bit of it as a leave-in conditioner, too.
I've lived in apartments since I moved out of the house at age 19.  During my WEN period, was the first time I ever had to ask for a plumber to come and unclog my bathtub.  I had tried a plunger and a drain cleaner (not together), and nothing was working.  The plumber came and removed a huge ball of hair from the drain. And it was ALL mine!  I know it was all mine because my apartment was completely gutted and renovated, including a new tub prior to my moving into it. 

And like you say, you have to use so much of the stuff. My friend has long curly hair, passed her shoulder blades. She has been intrigued by WEN. I keep telling her that it is a waste of money and that it caused my hair to fall out, and how expensive it was and how she would be going through a bottle a week based on how much you have to use.