Do You Live In An Apartment?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jtbo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here it is not just upstairs, it is two floors up where sound transmits down, like footsteps, I have never even heard about such before, but this is really poorly made half concrete house, outer walls are actually brick.

Luckily earplugs are cheap, although resident living above this box swipes floor after showering and that is louder than my washing machine when I'm wearing ear plugs!

There is only one problem in this world, people don't think enough.

I mean, I'm walking on my toes, I have put piece of weather stripping to cabinet doors and bathroom door so they close silently without any clunk, I'm not throwing stuff to sink, I place them without making a sound, just because I think how some other's point of view would be, how they would experience sound of my planned action. Certainly it is not much work for me to do that all.

My problem though is AS, which is not very helpful in noise department, every sound is equal and not prioritized at all, whatever there is a sound I pick it up as most important signal, if there is 10 sounds I pick all 10 at once at equal importance, make sequence of clunks and I can tell how many there was and were them equal distance apart in time and in physical distance as well as how far sound was produced.

You can perhaps imagine how little it takes to overload this computing unit with a sounds :D

However landlord is excellent and there are clear rules, after certain time no sound should be emitted that is heard in other apartment. So one above me has to leave because not following rules.

I do have a house too, but it has mold/mushroom thing, so it is not possible to live there as it is health hazard. Can't even sell that, life can be quite annoying at times.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
FINALLY getting out of the apartment life as I am building a house.
~ 0h how nice ! Don't forget laminated glass windows really kills noise .
It would be cool if you could share pictures of the process ? Did you come up with your own plans/architecture or use prepared blueprint ?
Happy home to you ... :wave3:

Last edited:

JamesCalifornia

Top Cat
Purraise
There is only one problem in this world, people don't think enough.
~ Sad but true ... `:sigh:
Your home with mold may be better off as a vacant lot . Check the local zoning and look into getting a permit to build a few units on the land . At least it's an option you can look into .
Best of luck to you . :hellocomputer:

tangers40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
~ 0h how nice ! Don't forget laminated glass windows really kills noise .
It would be cool if you could share pictures of the process ? Did you come up with your own plans/architecture or use prepared blueprint ?
Happy home to you ... :wave3:

Thank you! The only thing they have done so far is drill a deep hole to do a soil test on my lot, so there aren't even any pictures to share yet, haha! I have been told they should start digging somewhere around the 1st of May. And I am having a local homebuilder here build it...i.e. they have 5 or 6 different pre-determined floorplans, and you pick the one you like. It's in a new subdivision, of which there are a million in my area because it's growing like crazy.

Nothing too fancy as it's my first house, but I am still very excited because it will be MINE! And I can do whatever I want to with it! If I want to paint the walls a different color, or change the faucets, or a hundred other things you can't do in an apartment....I can do them because it's MY house! haha!

JamesCalifornia

Top Cat
Purraise
Nothing too fancy as it's my first house, but I am still very excited because it will be MINE!
~ Ah - sounds exciting . I am happy for you just reading about it ! YOU get to pick the flooring , what side the doors are hinged , the types of plumbing fixture , etc.
Congratulations !
:goodluck: