Do you have one??

atinsley

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fish?
I have my betta right next to my monitor, and I agree it's a little creepy when he just sits there and stares at me

killerapple

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by libby74

You know, killerapple, there really aren't too many Komodo dragons in the Midwest
Maybe that's why I live in the Midwest - to be far away from them.
Although they are at the zoo... eep!

killerapple

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by atinsley

Fish?
I have my betta right next to my monitor, and I agree it's a little creepy when he just sits there and stares at me

Bettas are awesome!

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I caught a possum in my Hav-a-heart once and I couldn't go out my door to the trap. I had to call Animal Control to come get him.

My biggest fear is mice. I completely freeze up just seeing one. I can't even watch them on TV.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, no fear of any animal/reptile/etc. I have a healthy respect for most.

There are some I don't like, mainly insects...but I wouldn't say I'm scared of them.

I don't like flying stinging bugs (hornets, wasps, etc.), I don't like earwigs or centipedes, and I'm not fond of roaches tho I will touch them if I have to (as in feeding them to something else).

I've been bit by a cat, dog, rat, mouse, snake, leopard gecko and iguana to name a few.

The worst one, as in hurt the worst, was the cat and the rat. The rat latched onto my finger, dug her teeth in just past the nail (towards the top knuckle)....my fault... I knew she was pregnant, but didn't know how far along she was..... she was in the process of birthing (labour) when I reached in her tank.... it took a couple minutes before she let go too....she was dangling from my finger.

The cat: it was my neighbours cat whom I was cat sitting...I'd go twice a day, feed, water and spend some time with her. She is a momma's cat, and very tempermental...anyways, the one day I was done petting her, pulled my hand away and she chomped my arm..... holy puncture wound.... wow, that was awful. Shocked at first, then the pain set in.... Not nice.

That said, none of the animals that have bit me, scare me.

Its the crawly ones, and stingy flying ones that I don't like.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm I had to think about this - I've owned pet mice before but I'm terrified of wild ones in my house. I think the fear stems from when I was about 6 years old and I found a mouse curled up in one of my woolly hats in my drawer. It was terrifying. But peoples pet mice I'm fine with - it's just the little guys lurking in my house.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not fond of mice either. One of our cats, Hydrox, brought a field mouse to bed one night. It wasn't pretty. Hydrox always slept curled up in around my stomach. One night when he came to bed, I put my arm around him to bring him closer. And heard this squeaking. A mouse. In our bed. Running around in the sheets. (And me standing on a bureau, while DH is frantically trying to catch said mouse. And DS in standing in the bedroom doorway, doubled over in laughter. Not a pretty sight.) No, not fond of mice.

jupeycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm terrified of spiders!

As for the sloth thing, yep I have a fear of them, they just freak me out for some reason! At one time I felt really bad about being scared of them so joined a group on Facebook to try to conquer my fear... It didn't work and I left the group :p.

Just found: http://creepyanimals.com/