Do you have a wedding video?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I've seen a lot of people on Facebook lately offering wedding video services.

Do you have a video of your wedding?

We do, but really never watch it. It's not a professional video. My uncle just took some of the highlights. It's on VHS. I should probably have it converted. :nod:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think so. We got married in 1995. We (I) have the album. It's in DH's armoire. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I was married in 1992. :) Videos weren't as big of a deal back then. :nod:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
No. We were married in 1971 and it was immediate family only. I was pregnant and Rick's mom felt that anything larger than just family was in very bad taste. Church wedding and a tiny reception at my parents' house. That was it.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not married so no :D. My parents only have 1 picture from their wedding! I'm not sure what happened there. I know they didn't have a professional photographer but you'd think one of my grandmas would have taken a few pictures. Weird.

Anyway, I don't think I've been to a wedding that had a videographer. Not that I've noticed anyway. A lot have had professional photographers who are milling around the reception, and did a photo shoot before the wedding, but as far as I've been able to tell, none of them had video equipment. Of course, the new digital cameras can do video too, so maybe they were taking some video.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I got married in 2004, but we didn't have a wedding so no wedding video or wedding photos. We just went to City Hall and got a stamp on our family register to say we were married. Instead of a wedding we went on honeymoon for a whole year! Went back-packing around the world, so I have lots of nice pictures of that.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got married in 2004, but we didn't have a wedding so no wedding video or wedding photos. We just went to City Hall and got a stamp on our family register to say we were married. Instead of a wedding we went on honeymoon for a whole year! Went back-packing around the world, so I have lots of nice pictures of that.

:9:
Wow thats incredible. Such adventurers! Where did you guys go backpacking?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Wow thats incredible. Such adventurers! Where did you guys go backpacking?
We started in Japan, went by ferry to China then train and bus to Inner Mongolia, Outer Mongolia, back to China, Turkestan, Pakistan, India, Nepal, flew to Thailand, bus and boat to Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam, back into Thailand. After that we flew to Australia to visit my brother then to Easter Island. From there Chili, Bolivia, Peru, Patagonia, Argentina and Uruguay. From there we flew to the UK to visit my parents, then back to Japan again.

Yeah, that was a looooooooooooong trip.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We started in Japan, went by ferry to China then train and bus to Inner Mongolia, Outer Mongolia, back to China, Turkestan, Pakistan, India, Nepal, flew to Thailand, bus and boat to Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam, back into Thailand. After that we flew to Australia to visit my brother then to Easter Island. From there Chili, Bolivia, Peru, Patagonia, Argentina and Uruguay. From there we flew to the UK to visit my parents, then back to Japan again.

Yeah, that was a looooooooooooong trip.

:catguy:
You guys did as much travel for a few lifetimes lol. How did your husband get the time off? Im assuming you stay home with that many kitties lol. And you have a brother in australia too? Are you originally from japan or did you move there? Your husband? Sorry your story has piqued my interest lol.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
You guys did as much travel for a few lifetimes lol. How did your husband get the time off? Im assuming you stay home with that many kitties lol. And you have a brother in australia too? Are you originally from japan or did you move there? Your husband? Sorry your story has piqued my interest lol.
I'll send you a PM so as we don't hijack the thread.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a video of it; but it's not professional at all!  Digital photography took off right after i got married.  I don't think videos had become big either.  I see people's pictures and videos now and I'm shocked!  (And a little glad I didn't feel any pressure to pay for all that.  Or expect my parents to.
)

My cousin's then boyfriend (now husband) used my Sister-in-law's camera to record it.  It's not all in focus.  You can hear him ask the photographer if hes in the way and he left it running while moving around in the middle of the ceremony so yeah. 
  But you can't argue with free right? 
  BIL (who was a groomsman) and SIL did a little recording of the reception themselves.  It was much better!  I don't think we have any of the toasts or first dance recorded though.  There is some pretty hilarious footage of my now 18 year old nephew dancing.  Good bribery  material! 

I watched the video with DD about a year and a half ago; before she was in my cousin's wedding.  It took me a few minutes to remember how to get the VCR to play!
  I need to get it converted! 

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No it was too expensive. We were married in 2011. I have lots of pictures though!