Do You Have A Job?

cats4cats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i work Friday Saturday and Sunday at a small restaurant from 9-2.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, full time office director for an architectural firm in NYC.
I've worked full time since I'm in my early 20's. Now 58. Counting down the years until I can rest

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
full time in the nuclear industry. Started out as a welder/fabricator and now work in the tool room ordering supplies/grinding tungsten and ordering supplies for safety...I took this job because I just couldn't handle the heat from preheat welding-it used to make me puke.

No one wanted the stock room job so I took this job-still miss working on the floor but when it's 90 out I am very grateful to be in AC and not having messed up lungs. I did work a few months in other various departments- QC and warehouse. Decided the stock room is the best place for me until it's time to move on.
I enjoy learning everything about construction/rigging/QC/Fabrication. Learned a lot since I started 15 years ago in the welding field. Which I had no prior experience.
Working full time since 19. Got another 20 years to go..

Last edited:

Shane Kent

Crazy Cat Gentleman
Top Cat
Purraise
Full time for scaffolding riggers and erectors. I used to work for tech companies back in the 90s but now I do geek stuff for a scaffolding company. I work directly with the owners and they appreciate my skills very much. I really like where I work, I don't know if a tech company would let me switch an office to a safe room and socialize cats in it.

Kitty and Rusty living outside in a huge pile of steel beams.

Kitty and Rusty in their safe room.

They live at my house now but life was so much better inside here :

than living inside here :

I really appreciate my bosses for allowing me to use their building as a place to socialize Kitty and Rusty. They lived in the building for a year before I took them home to live with my other two cats.

amysuen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have several. My main "9-5" (actually 7-5) is licensed in-home child care. To supplement that income (and for "fun") I'm an adjunct instructor at the local Technical college (I teach 1 course/semester), direct handbells at our church & teach middle school band Saturday mornings (I get annual stipends for those). I'd like to quit band but my stipend covers the cost of one of our boys' lessons so I've got to stick with it 3 more years. When I started my kids' lessons were free and I got the stipend on top of that, which was nice. Oh well...

engine4154

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I retired at age 60 last year (thank God for Railroad retirement at that age!) and have been extremely happy with retirement! I absolutely LOVE IT!
I put in 12 years on 3 different railroads before the last one shut down. Driving a truck now but still miss the RR now and then!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've worked for 25 years as an admin for an engineering consulting company, full time. I don't know when or if I will retired. Right now I can't afford to.

dahli6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have a very flexible schedule and a large amount of satisfaction, though my chosen career has lousy benefits no time off and no pay..
I am free to be my own boss, exercise my creativity and study at my leisure.