Do pregnant cats fart more?

MysteryMomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone just found this site. So we have a cat named Mystery, because it's a mystery where she came from, she is not feral at all. Our Mira was 17 years old and sick with cancer when Mystery showed up so we couldn't bring her in the house. When Mira passed in Jan we brought Mystery inside, but on Jan 27th she got out and was gone for 4 days. Of course her vet/spaying was to be on the 29th smh. Well she showed up again sitting in our living room one day when my husband took the trash out. Ok that was a long intro lol. We took her to the vet and they are not sure she is pregnant said to wait and see. Here is what we are experiencing. Pinking, bad bad farts, eating and sleeping a lot. This is a first for us. All of our animals have always been spayed or neutered. We put her on kitten food just in case. Is there anything else we should do or be watching for? When she first showed up you could pet her belly and feel nothing now it's like speed bumps lol also when she walks her sides look like they protrude. From what I can estimate she should have kittens by the end of this month. She did not go into heat in Feb but the last 2 days she has been trying to run out the front door.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Anyone may fart, not least when preg. But my guess is, she has got worms too. Some mild dewormer would be suitable. Preferably adviced by your vet, as you are paying patients to a vet. Phone / mail and ask?

A little peculiar why the vet didnt recommended to go on with the spaying anyway, but recommended to wait and see.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may gain weight on that kitten food! Seriously though, it is a good thing, just in case she IS pregnant. The chances are she is pregnant. Especially with the disappearing and showing back up. The fact she is trying to leave now maybe she is back in heat, but I don't think so. She may be trying to leave to find a place to give birth. Try to keep her in, she will really start showing in the next couple of weeks. If this is her first litter it may be small, around three kittens so she wouldn't get very big. Keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MysteryMomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Anyone may fart, not
Anyone may fart, not least when preg. But my guess is, she has got worms too. Some mild dewormer would be suitable. Preferably adviced by your vet, as you are paying patients to a vet. Phone / mail and ask?

A little peculiar why the vet didnt recommended to go on with the spaying anyway, but recommended to wait and see.
They did deworm her when we went for the unsuccessful pregnancy check. They didn't offer to spay since she might be pregnant, if she goes into heat we are to call and our vet will fit us in right away.