Do I have a ghost?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The other day I was sitting in here at the computer (family room), and heard a loud crash coming from the kitchen or the dining room of what sounded like pots and pans falling.  I had just been in the dining room and did have a pile of pans that I had picked up to get something that was under them, so i figured it was them.  Got up to check, and nope! They were right where I had left them.  Nothing else was amiss either, I checked the cupboards and everywhere I thought something might have fallen.  Nothing.  I went upstairs and DH said he had  heard it up there, and that it wasn't the first time he had heard it.  When he said that, I remembered that I had heard it down here one other time, and also upstairs once.  Both times I checked and nothing was out of place.

So I'm wondering what it could be, and the only thing I can come with is ghost.  Anybody have any suggestions?  I'm sure it was in the house and not outside, by the way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought with a poltergeist, things actually got moved?  Definitely nothing was disturbed at all.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't believe in ghosts.....prob a cat jumped up and hit the pans and they clanked together or something.  The fact that you had moved the pans before you heard the noise, IMO, says it is man made and not a spirit.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes things can't be explained.  When we first moved in our new home, at night we would hear footsteps going down the hall.  It has been awhile now.  It was almost like someone was checking out the place every night.  Just to clarify, we built on the site of my grandparents old home place.  We had to tear down the century old farmhouse.  Just wondering if it's grandma.  LOL.

subvet642

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sometimes, the wife and I hear what we believe may be our late Deli roaming around the house. Several times while in the kitchen, we've both heard lapping sounds coming from the water dish and ripples in the water, only to see that both cats are in the dining room. We've also both heard the sound of kitty paws running up, or down the stairs, but with both cats within eyesight. We also believe we've felt her rubbing against our ankles, as well. Whether this is nothing more than wishful thinking or our Deli is actually visiting us; it is awfully comforting.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I've been watching episodes of "A Haunting" on Youtube lately (they have them all!) I don't actually believe in the existence of ghosts, but I love ghost stories
I do believe in the human mind though and in our senses and our ability to sense things in various ways. The things may be perfectly natural, just not always understood or clear to us.

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I met Ryan Buell from "Paranormal State" and he said the difference between a poltergiest and a spirit is that poltergiest are not dead people... They are just negative energies from usually living people in a house.  Spirits are believed to be both good and bad... And often both will move objects or make noise somehow to communicate.  It is believed that animals are sensitive to spirits and can not only see them but "feel" them much more clear than we can.  So pay attention to your pets, are they suddenly very interested in certain areas of your house or appear to be reacting to something that isn't there or suddenly fearful?  It is also thought, because they are more "sensitive" they are also more vulnerable to attack. 

I believe in possibilities and I believe we don't know everything.  I believe it is possible.  Have I experienced it myself?  No, not that I am aware of... You can ask the furries though, they might have a different answer!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't believe in ghosts.....prob a cat jumped up and hit the pans and they clanked together or something.  The fact that you had moved the pans before you heard the noise, IMO, says it is man made and not a spirit.
Not a cat.  Cindy was upstairs sleeping and Swanie was sitting with me. I did move the pans, but I put them back in the same place and they were still there.  This noise was LOUD, like a bunch of pans falling from a pretty good distance.

I do believe in ghosts.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I met Ryan Buell from "Paranormal State" and he said the difference between a poltergiest and a spirit is that poltergiest are not dead people... They are just negative energies from usually living people in a house.  Spirits are believed to be both good and bad... And often both will move objects or make noise somehow to communicate.  It is believed that animals are sensitive to spirits and can not only see them but "feel" them much more clear than we can.  So pay attention to your pets, are they suddenly very interested in certain areas of your house or appear to be reacting to something that isn't there or suddenly fearful?  It is also thought, because they are more "sensitive" they are also more vulnerable to attack. 

I believe in possibilities and I believe we don't know everything.  I believe it is possible.  Have I experienced it myself?  No, not that I am aware of... You can ask the furries though, they might have a different answer!
well I don't t hink there's any negative energy in the house from the people or the cats, so I would say not a poltergeist.  I definitely believe in ghosts and I've wondered because Swanie in particular will get very intent on something occasionally and there is nothing there.  Well, as long as they don't bother me other than making noise now and then, I can live with a ghost