Do Cats Visit Us After Death ?

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I was talking to Pastor Lori after church today and was telling her about how we always get pigeons in our backyard as we feed the birds and how whenever an all white one appears someone or something usually dies, and how right before this started with Sugar we saw an all white one and a white one with brown spots on it, how this happened to Sugar, we didn't see them anymore but she didn't die. Her response was that the one that had the brown spots on it was "different" so the outcome was "different", and that maybe Sugar actually died (she did stop breathing for a minute and needed CPR to bring her back), and that one represented death but the "brown overtook the white", so that really does jive with the appearance of them and two this time and one being different and the outcome being different!

Wild stuff.......

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes without a doubt cats/ kittens visit us after death. I've lost many cats over the last 60 yrs. but I can honestly say that five of mine most certainly did. We used to hear them drinking water when no one was there. They would jump on our bed the bed would go down n we would see cat shaped shadows n hear miaows . It happened with two different german Shepards we lost too. We would see a dog shadow never heard bark though n would hear them drink

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I was telling Deb about this thread at supper and she reminded me of how in 1995 our cockapoo Rusty died and 6 weeks later as soon as I said the words outloud outside "I think it's time that we start thinking about getting some kind of animal around here" Smoke, a little stray with one eye with a hole in it most likely from an idiot's bb gun came around the corner almost on cue, and when we had her at the local vet to get her checked out when we were leaving and at the checkout desk all of a sudden we heard a dog collar rattle and it sounded EXACTLY like Rusty's did! We just looked at each other with tears in our eyes and said "Rusty's here....", and when we were leaving honest to God laying on the floor by the one exam room was a dog that looked almost identical to him!!! It was like he was saying "it's okay, I'm fine now, you are doing the right thing, I'm passing the torch on to Smoke now...."

Who knew that 15 cats later we are still going! And for my birthday that year right before we got her Deb was going to get me a guinea pig, I love them too!

:angel: :rbheart:

Pucks104

My boys!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For many months after my first cat Carrie died at 13 -14 years of age, I would catch a brief glimpse of her out of the corner of my eye. I would wake slightly at night feeling her pressed against my head. Feel her very light touch begging for lettuce as she did when she was alive! Carrie must definitely hung around for many months after her death then she was gone.

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For many months after my first cat Carrie died at 13 -14 years of age, I would catch a brief glimpse of her out of the corner of my eye. I would wake slightly at night feeling her pressed against my head. Feel her very light touch begging for lettuce as she did when she was alive! Carrie must definitely hung around for many months after her death then she was gone.
That's right and isn't it wonderful when you witness it, it helped me so much coping with my grief

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
People think I am crazy, but I share my home with two spirit kitties. They were never mine in life, but they certainly seem to be mine now! So yes, they can come back, and being cats, may stay in a place or with a person that they loved. These two play with Hekitty when she's in the mood for it, and it is very obvious that she is playing with another being, and sleep on my bed. It is the oddest thing to wake up in the middle of the night and feel, not one, but three distinct warm bodies curled up against me.
That's lovely

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our beautiful Cindy passed on a Saturday morning, upstairs on the bed she loved sleeping on. Cindy was sick for a long time, and had a hard time getting her kibble out of a bowl. We had taken to putting it on a mat in front of the dresser in the bedroom. Sunday night DH and I were in bed and all of a sudden I heard what sounded like Cindy eating her kibble off the mat. It was a very distinctive sound, and whenever I would hear it I would say Cindy's here! I looked, but there was nothing there. DH didn't hear it. The following night I was downstairs and DH called down and asked if Swanie was down there with me. He was. It turns out Cindy came back and made the same sounds so he could hear it too and know she was okay.

After Cindy passed, we adopted Darcy. Darcy was less than a year old, and one the sweetest, most gentle loving kitties I've ever know. When we petted her in the room at the rescue it was like, okay we are getting this cat. Unfortunately, we didn't have her for very long before she got FIP. She lived about a month after diagnosis, but it because too much and we had to "do the right thing." We did not get a sign when she passed, but one month to the day I had a dream. Darcy was running down the road and I was trying to get her. I was so afraid something was going to happen to her. Eventually, I came to a building, and she was in the back curled up in bed with a small white kitten. I still think that was her way of letting me know she was okay.

DH and I have often said that we feel Cindy led us to Darcy because she knew Darcy needed a loving home and people who would take care of her when she got sick.

I miss both of those girls so much.

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I lost two german Shepards quite a few years between n one night I was laying in bed not thinking about them and suddenly I saw a very clear pic in my mind of two german Shepards laying next to each other looking at me on grass it was shown to me exactly how you would look at a negetive from a photo I knew instantly it was our dogs lassie n Bella it was shown just long enough to see they were ok maybe 10 seconds I was so in awe of it

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I lost two german Shepards quite a few years between n one night I was laying in bed not thinking about them and suddenly I saw a very clear pic in my mind of two german Shepards laying next to each other looking at me on grass it was shown to me exactly how you would look at a negetive from a photo I knew instantly it was our dogs lassie n Bella it was shown just long enough to see they were ok maybe 10 seconds I was so in awe of it
Kassie not lassie

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
This wasn't after death luckily but when Sugar was in for that horrible episode she just had having that awful reaction to the anesthesia and all one night we sat down to eat and Deb said grace she said "please let Sugar hang in there and let her know that we love her and miss her and want her home with us real soon" and all of a sudden we heard the "donk....donk...." noise that it makes when one of the cats pulls on the bottom of the cellar door that has a draft stopper on it, she was one that used to do it and of course I looked and there was no cat there, it was like she was letting us know "I'm going to make it, I'm still here, I'll be back!!!" and praise God she is!

And you know that we let her go down the basement whenever she wants now lol!!!! :D :)

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think they do. My Tiger crossed in Oct last year and sometimes I can still hear his meow. Sometimes at night it feels like a cat jumps on the bed and lays next to my like Tiger did. I turn on the light and neither of our cats are in the room. A few days after he crossed I found one of his whiskers in the bathroom on the floor. I know it wasn't there before. Logically, I probably picked it up on my shoe from somewhere else in the house but........

solomonar

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There is a rational explanation which resides in the residual current in our neurons. The neural connections are not yes/no, as many thinks. They are from very strong to -very weak. And they are infinite strengths and infinite connections in our brain.

It is then absolutely normal for the neurons to "remember" a certain period of time, ties that are no longer permanently power up by senses. Hence the "ghosts".

+++

But there is also a more esoteric explanation: we all share the same Soul. All living Creatures. For some, this sentence may appear like a blasphemy. Please forgive me, is no intention to to challenge one certain faith or another.

The nature of the thread is somehow related to the way we relate to faith.

This Oneness some call Soul, some call Love or depending on the personal belief it bears a particular name. But looking into the essence, it is exactly the same idea, different terminologies. It looks true for atheistic persons as well.

I believe our ancestors were able to live with a a sort of cvasipermaanent presence in this Life of the Creatures who passed by (humans or animals). That belief was just as habitual and just as normal as we go today shopping.

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Beamer was put down at around 1:00 pm on Jan. 20th. Later that evening, I was in my bedroom and heard his meow coming from the living room. I couldn't believe I heard his meow! I think he stopped by to tell me that he was alright. It was a gift, I think. I felt very relieved after that.
It’s totally amazing isn’t it helps to lessen your grief when you witness signs that your cats live on, even though we can grief for a long time, signs like this are just wonderful

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Last week, I was cleaning, moving the sofa. I have moved it several times since Artie's passing. Suddenly one of Artie's blue sponge
balls came rolling out from the inside back corner of it.... weird...

A week after Artie passed, I was vacuuming under my dresser. The vacuum hit another blue sponge ball. It must have been hiding behind a leg, because I have vacuumed behind under it a lot; never seeing it.. This time, it just peeked out from behind the leg....another weird..

This morning, I found an 'Artie spot" on the laminate floor, in front of the entertainment center. I have washed the floor about 5 times, since Artie, and have been sliding the entertainment center around..

The strange thing about this 'spot'; It is so close to the furnture, that I cannot imagine him sitting there, for it to be from his bum; nor can I see him ever getting that close to have drooled out his medicine or a tiny vomit.. but yet, it is there... right in from of his 'memorial" space....
IMG_1361.JPG

strange....

I am keeping the sponge ball, behind the dresser.. the other one I placed where I used to keep all of his sponge balls...

The 'spot' will have to be cleaned... but not for a while yet... it is very weird...

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As solomonar solomonar said we are "one" in spirit, it has already been proven the human race shares a common gene from one beginning, so why not? It truly boggles the mind to think this, with such a diversity now!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I believe Artie is with you always even though you may not know it.
He is watching over you and always will be. I am so very sorry he is
not with you here on earth anymore and I know how much it hurts.

I have a squeaky step and I truly believe my Kirsten visits often because
I hear the squeak when I am in the house alone.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Hugs,

Mia xxxx

stubbytail

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat in my avitar, who was an indoor/outdoor cat was killed by a coyote the eve of New Year's eve 2017. Never got to say goodbye and wondered how long he was laying on the greenhouse floor waiting for me to come rescue him as he was dying.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat in my avitar, who was an indoor/outdoor cat was killed by a coyote the eve of New Year's eve 2017. Never got to say goodbye and wondered how long he was laying on the greenhouse floor waiting for me to come rescue him as he was dying.
I am so sorry to hear this, that was terrible, but please don't beat yourself up over it, sometimes these awful things just happen, but he is fine now, happy and healthy again and you will see him one day and it will be wonderful.
'Their last breath on Earth is their first breath in Heaven" :rbheart:

I hope your heart heals a bit more each day, he is fine now, God Bless......:alright: :grouphug: :rbheart:

stubbytail

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks. There were 4 out of the ordinary circumstances and the coyote the night he was killed. We just don't know when our beloved pets will go.

My beliefs are that I may see him in another animal (reincarnation).