Do Cat Teeth Wipes Help? Dental health?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Dental care for a ~17 yo cat – no teeth cleaning/no teeth brushing ever, and not possible now
Thoughts On Maxiguard Oral Cleansing Wipes Instead Of Using A Toothbrush For A Cat's Teeth?

There are some discussions in the above threads about maintaining dental health that might help. I cannot speak from experience with dental wipes; since you just had a cleaning at the vet's, I would ask them for suggestions about follow up and about the effectiveness of dental wipes. Hopefully other will respond.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
S SeanS , the very best thing you can do is actually brush your cat's teeth! Many people here on this website do just that. As a matter of fact, every time our cats' get a dental, our Vet send us home with a cat toothbrush and CET toothpaste. I'm kind of surprised your Vet didn't do that too. Anyway, you can check out youtube for how to video's on brushing their teeth as you start slow, first without using the toothbrush and working your way up. It just takes a few minutes and you dont actually have to do it every day. a few times a week is usually good enough.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tooth brushing would be best. You don't really scrub the teeth, though. More like swab the pet toothpaste around the teeth as much as you can. Pet toothpaste comes in different flavors as opposed to pet wipes which are probably minty or something "yucky" to cats.