dishsoap is cracking my hands....can anyone suggest a mild one?

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've found a really good way to heal up the skin cracks. They are typically difficult to heal since we use our hands so much which tends to re-open the cracks. All you need is an antibiotic ointment (Polysporin or Neosporin triple antibiotic is what I use) and bandaids. 

Put generous amounts of ointment (the cream does not work as well) on the bandaids and cover each crack overnight. In the morning, they will be almost healed! Repeat the next night, if needed.

I wear gloves whenever possible, even in stores (the handles of grocery carts are full of bacteria that can go straight into the wound). To really speed up the healing, wear the bandaids and ointment during the day if you have an hour or two when they won't get wet.

I told my sister about this, she was skeptical but tried it, she was really surprised how well it worked.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have had good luck using Lanolin on my hands.  They crack something awful this time of year (with a side of eczema
) and often right in-between my fingers.  A little goes a long way.  I learned that here on TCS. 
  And it just happened I already had some on hand so I tried that first.