Digital camera for an 11 year-old girl?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Anyone have suggestions? I'm thinking of getting my niece one for Christmas. :santa:

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a fan of the Canon PowerShot Elph series. But they also have the PowerShots for around 100 dollars. They come in really great colors too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Is that what you want from Santa, Jan? :lol3:

Well this is no longer a problem for me. :rolleyes: When I checked with my brother to make sure she didn't have a camera he thought it was such a good idea he is now going to get that for her himself. :lol3: :rolleyes:

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I see the decision is out of your hands.  I have a really easy to use GE A730.  It's been tough, but I'm sure an 11-year-old would put it through the wringer.  The odd thing is that it's pink.  Yes, I bought it at Toys R Us with my employee discount several years ago, and it was the year they had whole aisles there with nothing but pink stuff.  I would heartily recommend it even to adults.

This is what it looks like:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GE-A730-7-0...634353?pt=Digital_Cameras&hash=item257419bf31

I've carried it around in our hot rod a lot.  And it uses AA batteries, so you can change them quickly and easily.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks1 I will pass that along to my brother. :)

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if she's into Twitter and Instagram, there's something newish called the Samsung Galaxy Camera. it's not so new as to be too different and too unique (and therefore unusable. I think companies have learned lessons with past blunders in that regard), it's just a delightful envy-causing camera for 2012-2013, supposedly.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
She's 11. No twitter or Instagram. Her parents closely monitor her online time.

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if she's into Twitter and Instagram, there's something newish called the Samsung Galaxy Camera. it's not so new as to be too different and too unique (and therefore unusable. I think companies have learned lessons with past blunders in that regard), it's just a delightful envy-causing camera for 2012-2013, supposedly.
My 11 year old would not be "into" twitter at all - or instagram or even facebook......... Those are grown up toys ........ LOL

Yea I am going to be a strict mom....... refusing to raise prisoners

Last edited: