Did my first ever mud run this weekend! I had to share this pic :o)

7irishkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I did my first ever mud run this saturday and I must say that I'm completely hooked!  I've been running for about 6 months now and did the Warrior Dash this weekend in Alabama and wow what an amazing time!  My three friends and decided to do it 4 months ago to help raise money for St. Jude Children's Hospital and it has ended up hooking us for life!

So do any of you guys run and have you ever done a mud run?  They are so much fun!  Here is a before and after pic of us

I'm the 3rd person from the left on the top left pic and same place on bottom.  I'm the last person from the left on the top right pic proudly wearing our warrior helmets after the race.

Last edited:

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Never have done one. A friend of mine did one last year and now his face is on a bunch of billboards in SC advertising the runs :lol3:

I don't like running, but think one day I might just have to do one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

7irishkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys!  It was amazing and while our time was not the greatest "not the easiest thing to run a 5K with obstacles in a tutu"
, we didn't care, we just had fun!  I was told that they had raised over $70,000 for St. Jude that day alone.  Warrior Dash is held all over the US, Canada and Australia so if you can find one near you and you don't mind a little mud, it will be an amazing experience I promise!

That is so cool about your friend Tara!  I was never a runner but I find it fun and a great stress relief now.  You don't have to be an experienced runner to do a dash, you can slow down or stop and walk as you need to.  The obstacles are a little challenging but are a lot of fun!

7irishkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My niece did a "Tough Mudder" in May.
wow!  That's a big one!  Congrats to her!!  That might be something I attempt after I get a few smaller ones under my belt

odiakkoh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Looks like fun! I'm planning on doing the Down and Dirty Run next year. Pregnancy is keeping me from doing it this year.

7irishkitties

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh fun!  I would love to do a down and dirty run but they don't come near where I live.  I may have to make a trip one day to make one though!  I have two mud runs comming up in April, the Crucible Challange and another Warrior Dash.  Should be a fun month