Diarrhea

Val622

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have been transitioning my kitten to Weruva kitten food and mixing it with wellness core. She’s been doing great. I gave her the chicken breast in purée flavor yesterday and she had two bouts of diarrhea during the night. Should I stop the Weruva. Also should I just feed her boiled chicken today. Acting fine.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If this is the only flavor that isn't sitting well, and she's had no issue with any other, then it's probably ok to just feed her some of the others that she's done ok with. So was she eating Wellness Core before, and only Wellness Core? I would have expected diarrhea on that because it's kind of rich for a kitten, but if I'm reading this correctly you are transitioning her OFF Core and onto Weruva, right? And so far it was going well?

If the diarrhea continues, you certainly could feed her just poached chicken for a day or two, no spices or onions or garlic, and even a little bit of plain unflavored yogurt is good because of the probiotics in it. That works every time for my guys. I just put a bit on my fnger and they lick it off and that's it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Val622

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks all. The bet thinks it’s the from the Weruva. Said it could take a couple weeks to notice if it doesn’t agree with them. She gave me a probiotic and told me feed her Purina Pro Plan. Not sure if that’s any good though

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
gave her the chicken breast in purée flavor yesterday and she had two bouts of diarrhea during the night.
It seems to me it's this specific flavor, not the entire line of that brand. I think you and Mrsgreenjeans are right regarding plain chicken for a little bit :)