Diarrhea/pet Food

Kai B

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has a sensitive tummy and eats Purina Gentle Chow. Her regular bag was out of stock, so we had to settle for Purina Complete Chow. We hoped it wouldn’t bother her, but after 2 days of being on it, her stools started to soften. She’s been having accidents outside of her litter box, but she hasn’t completely stopped using it. She’s been like this for almost a week now and I’m wondering if it’s still from the food, her smelling her scent on the floors, or something else. Her attitude has been normal and we try our best to deodorize the floors as much as possible.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. Sorry your cat is having tummy issues after a food change. The recommendation, if possible, is to slowly switch to a new food, so the change in food could be causing her issues.

Make sure you are cleaning the areas where she has the accidents with an Enzyme Cleaner, as it is the only type that will completely get rid of the scent.

Poor kitty. I'm sure she's not happy about her tummy issues and accidents, as cats are generally very clean.

If her tummy issues continue, maybe try to get her original food, and mix it with the new stuff. And, definitely call your vet, if you see any signs that she isn't acting normal, or just to get their opinion on her tummy trouble.

Here's a few articles with more info:
Litterbox Problems? Here's Why You Should Call Your Vet
Transitioning Your Cat From Kibble To A New Type Of Food (canned, Raw, Or Homemade)

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think i would get a bag of the old food that she has done well with. After she has been back on the old food 2 or 3 days hopefully you will see an improvement. If not after a week or so i would have a vet check.