Diarrhea From Fish?

sunflower7

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cats( in the last 8 weeks) have had many new brands both wet and dry. no issues besides liking some more than others. 2 days ago I fed weruva mack and jack by accident. I always feed chicken/turkey and some of the nulo has "tuna" in it but probably not much.
anyway this morning( about 36 hours after the mack and jack) my one cat has diarrehea first time. I am thinking it's related since the other foods he got ( fromm and nulo ) he's been eating for a while and I doubt it's from the weruva paw lickin chicken which he has had maybe 5 times. but do you think that's kinda long after eating it to get the runs? wouldn't it happen same day as he ate it? I obviously won't give it anymore but just curious on thoughts.... no not running to vet unless it lasts days and days and I will just give the fromm and some nulo for the next few days and watch.
thanks

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems like he would have the diarrhea within 24 hours of when he ate it. So maybe think back to what he had to eat during that 24 hours. When my cats have pooping problems, it's usually from the dry food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunflower7

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes, you would think that it would be within 24 hours, or less. but he ate nothing different than that. same nulo, same fromm, same dry. maybe it's the weruva? he's been on the fromm and nulo almost 2 months

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing you can do is process of elimination, try taking away or adding back one thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sunflower7

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes, I am going to get rid of all weruva. we were talking and realized he had nulo ch/turkey this morning( and it says some tuna is in it) and had the fish mack and jack wednesday night, so maybe it was the combo of too much fish for him. I'm going to avoid all fish, stick with Fromm for now even though that gives them stinky breath and poop, but no diarrhea