Diarrhea every few days

ahow1987

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello guys, I have a 12 year old Persian who has been having soft stool for the last week or 2. He’s eating and drinking normally no vomiting.He has a bowl movement everyday/every other day. It’s soft but every few days he will have a soft bowl movement and then a few minutes later he will have liquid diarrhea on the floor like a puddle. His poop has firmed up compared to last week but he still has a bit of watery poop at the end. He has a vet appointment next week I don’t believe he needs to go to the emergency vet. Any ideas?

also I haven’t really changed any food. He eats the same kibble and wet food. He gets treats occasionally. Thanks!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello guys, I have a 12 year old Persian who has been having soft stool for the last week or 2. He’s eating and drinking normally no vomiting.He has a bowl movement everyday/every other day. It’s soft but every few days he will have a soft bowl movement and then a few minutes later he will have liquid diarrhea on the floor like a puddle. His poop has firmed up compared to last week but he still has a bit of watery poop at the end. He has a vet appointment next week I don’t believe he needs to go to the emergency vet. Any ideas?

also I haven’t really changed any food. He eats the same kibble and wet food. He gets treats occasionally. Thanks!
It could be due to some digestive issues that‘s causing the diarrhea.

Give this article a read :-

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you opened a new bag or flat of food? Sometimes the manufacturer changes formulas or sources and that can trigger digestive upset.