Diarrhea And Vomiting But Only At Night?

UnderneathTheStars

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm calling my vet tomorrow as soon as they open for an appointment. But, since last night, Mochi has had loose stools and vomiting. The weird thing is that it's only at night. During the day she is fine. She eats, drinks, has solid stools, keeps her food in, etc. But at night she goes to the litter box in our room where she sleeps and throws up a clear foamy fluid. Then she has a bowel movement but it's very loose. It's not liquid but close. For the past couple of nights she has stepped in it and gotten it in her long fur so I've been up cleaning her and the bedroom. I'm super worried. There's no blood or parasites that I can see in the poo or vomit. What on earth could this be? It's just so weird that she's fine all day and this only happens at night. She has no loss in appetite and acts completely normal.

She is currently eating multiple small meals of canned paté fancy feast (the only wet food she'll eat) a day. I give her her last meal around 10:00pm. Should I stop doing that? She usually has these episodes around 2 or 3 in the morning.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad to hear you are calling your vet tomorrow. Also thankful Mochi is acting her normal self during the day. However, her nighttime habits of vomiting clear liquid and having loose stools would concern me as well. I'm not sure but wondering if it could be a symptom of IBS or IBD. There definitely could be another reason for her new manifestations but I thought I would mention this Article for your information:
Inflammatory Bowel Disease In Cats

Best of luck when you take Mochi to the vet tomorrow. Sending special thoughts your way. :vibes: Please let us know what happens and keep us updated. :alright:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

UnderneathTheStars

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Neely,

Thank you! I just read the article and it is a possibility. Unfortunately I don't know much of Mochi's past. I expected her to have diarrhea when we first got her because she was starved and had just started eating when we got her. Of course, she saved her symptoms for when she got healthy again :lol:. Cats, right? I'll let you know for sure once we find out what's going on! Right now she had her lunch and is sleeping.