Deworms cat with fluid

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
1671963039691.png

So i bought this several years ago at my old vet, when i use it for my 6 cats, i think there's many worms wrapped like enoki beef rolls, 6 cats acting normal, and it's good damn easy to use on them because it's fluid so i just need fill the right amount in syringe and push all on their mouth/

This month, i'm tried pills: kick-tape cat and Prarintel, mixed with foods and only 2 Glutton cats eat it so fast, and the rest 4 cats just eat a little(avoid pills area) then walk out. Push pills to their mouth is pretty hard because they now are 5-6years old cat, which experienced many times pills in their life.

They are in-house cat, sometime i let them free-roaming in 5-floor garden. More than a year i'm not deworm they yet, but no worms-sign show. So i dont know if i'm should buy that albendazole again or buy Revolution which expensive but it's good for year-spent

*Cats have No fleas

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I think some people would suggest the Revolution since your cats spend time outside. I let my cat outside over the years he was with us, but at that time I used a different type of flea repellant product that I only applied on the few occasions I'd see him scratch, and I would use a flea comb.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
but i heard it wont work on some type of worms

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, you must get something that takes care of tapeworms too, those are what a cat gets when eating rodents. I use Profender. A little pricey, but it takes care of all worms and you only have one application. I use it once a year on any cats that go outside. Put it high up just below their ears and down the neck, if you get it too low they can lick it and then foam at the mouth. It is very bitter.

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hmm so i just ask my new vet today, he's suggest crush pill into powder and add it into syringe with a little water but in the end when i ask for fluid treatment he gave my 4 syringe of that albendazole, but i dont know if it must exactly cat weight and must give cat the whole syringe without any drops on floor

black cat 6.7kg but i tell him 6.5+, other cat is 3.5+ but their weight is like 3.7, one ~2.5-3kg but he give same as 3.5kg,
one cat 3.7kg+ when i gave her, only about 80% of fluids in syringe is in her mouth, 20% left on floor
1672138327255.png

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Cats can be difficult to give medicine to. I think you did well.

I see one of your cats in the photo, what a beautiful sweetheart!

hongducwb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yeah that's new 6th one since the old 6th died by FPV :(

pretty weak when i bought him (bloody stool,skin problems,...) but then time passed, now his weight is 2.7, 4-5months old maybe. Same as old 6th cat, 4.5y/o 2.5kg, small form because inbred

only problem is his eyes duct because he's f1 or f2 persian cat (while my other cat is like f4-f6) and digestive system (sometime need daily treatment with ELAC),

and about difficult, maybe when they was young, i forced pills into their mouth and with in-house vet visit that make them scare pills and stranger

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm glad they have you to help them, and they know that you are helping them even if they don't like the method ❣