Desperate to find a home for Harley

amoniques13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Harley is a 6 year old orange tabby cat that I can no longer care for due to allergies. He is a loving and adorable cat that is both indoor and outdoor. All his shots are up to date and I can provide paperwork. It is literally ripping my heart out to let him go but my hands are tied. I would like to visit the home to ensure that everything is legit please. He would be a great companion for a single person, couple, or really anyone that can provide lots of love for him. I am absolutely willing to take him back if the situation does not quite fit. I have tried everything to find him a home and am trying my hardest to not have to surrender him. Is there anyone out there that can please help!

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi 

First, realistically, it is very unlikely anyone here will be able to take your cat.  Most everyone here has cats of their own, and this is an international forum.  It would be helpful if you post a general location so that we know around where Harley is located.

In terms of rehoming, have you tried asking friends and family? Have you tried putting up fliers at vets offices or perhaps even checking if any vets offices might take him as a office cat? Have you tried nursing homes and no kill shelters? Craigslist?

I understand allergies can be very difficult to deal with, but if you post more specifics about your situation, we may also be able to offer suggestions on how you can keep Harley after all.  As you may know or be discovering, rehoming 'middle aged' cats is extremely difficult. It would be ideal for Harley if there were some way you could make this work.  There are various shots some people can take to eliminate their allergic reactions to cats.  Depending on who is allergic and how many people live with you, it may also be an option to confine him to certain rooms and never have the allergic person(s) enter those rooms.

I hope you will find a good solution for you and your kitty.