Decided on a new camera....

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've ordered this one:

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...&modelid=17630

The Canon Powershot SX10 IS..... I currently have the S3 IS which I bought a few yrs back when it first came out.

I went into the store on Friday, and the only one they had was the floor model. Ummmmm. No thanks. I will take a floor model of something like furniture but NOT electronics. Who knows how many people have touched it, played with it, and whether it works or not. Knowing my luck, I'd get it home and it wouldn't work at all.

So they were able to order one from a different store, it will be shipped today, so it should be in tomorrow or Wed.

I'm excited
so be prepared to be attacked with many pictures.

The main reasons I chose this one: I have never had any probs with the Canon, the image stabalization is a nessecity for me, I already have several memory cards, so I don't need to buy anything other than the camera, I trust the Canon name and it will be similiar to what I already have and am used to.

I was also considerring the DSCHX1 Cyber-shot from Sony....

I've used Sony's before, and a sony cybershot was my first digital camera. I loved it.... I never had a problem with it, and never a complaint. In fact, when I got my next camera (an Olympus), I kept the Sony around because I knew how to use it well, and it took pretty good pics for what specifications it had. I actually parted with it in 2007 because I didn't need 3 digi camera's.

Anyways re: DSCHX1 Cyber-shot.... Cost was more, less MP, missing some features, but having some additional ones.... there wasn't a whole lot of difference between the Canon and the Sony. Except for cost. The Sony was $599.99 vs $479.99 for the Canon.

I do tend to stick with brands that I know, have used, etc. I will never buy a Fuji because of my in-laws experiences. At first one could think that it might have been just a bad camera, but they had it replaced 3x under warranty and always had probs with it.

Anyways, so yup, I'm excited and hopefully it comes in tomorrow
I'm also impatient.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh wait to you see the instructions. There is about 2-4 books, each in a different language.

I still stick to the basics. I really have to sit and read that book. It will keep you busy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Oh wait to you see the instructions. There is about 2-4 books, each in a different language.

I still stick to the basics. I really have to sit and read that book. It will keep you busy.
Just what I need right now
seriously. I bet I'll read em thoroughly, well, aside from the foreign languages ones. I can't wait to try it out and compare it with mine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Oooooooooooh, I am in the market soon for a new one!
I think I'm doing right by this one... I've never had a problem with a Canon camera, and have not heard anything bad about them.

I got mine at Staples.... might be cheaper elsewhere, dunno. I'm hoping it comes in.... It was going on the truck in Sarnia today, so it should be here by tommorrow.

I'll be calling if I don't get a call LOL...Yup, very impatient.