Day light savings time

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My two don’t wake me to feed them, because I wake up at dawn anyway unless I’m wearing an eye mask. I loathe daylight saving and thank Bast it ends in three weeks - though waking up at 6 instead of 7 isn’t an appealing thought, either, but at least the days will be shortening until late June.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My two don’t wake me to feed them, because I wake up at dawn anyway unless I’m wearing an eye mask. I loathe daylight saving and thank Bast it ends in three weeks - though waking up at 6 instead of 7 isn’t an appealing thought, either, but at least the days will be shortening until late June.
I'm the opposite. I loathe changing the clocks back in the winter. I'd rather have more daylight in the evening rather than have sunrise at 5AM.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm the opposite. I loathe changing the clocks back in the winter. I'd rather have more daylight in the evening rather than have sunrise at 5AM.
I'm the same as you. I love the longer days. Earlier mornings, when I'm still asleep, is just a waste of precious sunlight.

As for the time change, it didn't make any difference to Ruby, probably because she got fed earlier. It's the fall back change that has her waking me looking for breakfast.

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm lucky enough to work from home and set my own schedule so, as far as the cats are concerned, nothing changed since I just adjusted my sleep/work schedule an hour. :lol: They used to get fed around 7am but now they get fed around 8am and they're none the wiser!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Carleton gets up when I do so whether it's an hour earlier or an hour later it doesn't phase him. On the other hand I do not like when it's still dark at 6 a.m. I'd rather have it light out early than later at night.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to get up at 5.30 to get a train at 7 for my last job , and it seemed I was always getting up and sometimes leaving in the dark, winter or summer! Sunrise is nearly 7.30 dst now, near enough to when I get up anyway, so I’ll be happy enough to have a while to read in bed before I really have to get up once it finishes.