Day at work with Meowmy

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
So I had to bring my cats with me to work today- my apartment is being sprayed for roaches.

It's going to be a long day for the kitties.. and a long day for me! Monet is currently in his crate, not happy. Cassie is outside the crate, trying to glue her face into mine. I snapped a quick pic, but she can't seem to sit! she'll settle down soon though.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, is this the first time they've been with you at work? It will be OK and it looks like she is calming down. Has Monet stopped hissing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Monet stopped hissing, but if anyone got too close to him, he'd start growling. This isn't their first time, but it will be their last time when I move! I hate stressing Monet out.

Cassie just fell asleep on my desk. She's so good.. I can walk away to the bathroom and she would not move from her spot. If people come by, she's happy for a pet. I am seriously considering registering her to be a therapy cat due to her laid back attitude.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How cool that you have this option!  I can just see me trying to take my 3 stooges to the hospital.  It would be total chaos.

I hope Monet simmers down.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I just took them home. The property manager called and said the exterminators were done- but it does not look like they even entered the building at all.. the roach is still on the stairs, and nothing was disturbed at all in my apartment. Makes me wonder.

Anyways, both kitties are happy to be home! Especially Monet!

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, that is nice that you were able to take them. Poor Monet, I know he's happy to be home!  Looks like Cassie did great!

My landlord had to spray once.   Fortunately, the client's house I was cleaning that day is a friend, or more like  family (also Italian). 

He is retired, & lives alone (widow), but he used to have cats, so I knew he would say yes when I asked if I could bring Angel w/ me that day.

I took his bed, litter box, a blanket,,,, got him all set up in the guest room while I cleaned the rest of the house. Poor thing, he went under the bed & stayed

there up against the wall at the head of the bed the whole time. I would pop my head in once & a while, saying, "mommy's still here."  ..."almost done."

I could barely get him out to go home, even w/ treats.

I'm glad I was able to take him though, & it wasn't a day I was at a house w/ a dog! 

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Monet!  But I'd love to have Cassie with me at work for the day!  

My mother once snuck Pumpkin into our office for an hour or so after she had taken him to the vet and had to get some paperwork together.  I don't think we had any clients in the building anyway; but it was awesome.  I of course has to go spend time with him.  He was purring and rubbing all over me like "hey! I know you!" 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd have loved to have seen a picture of her trying to glue her face to yours :flail:

Was your house sprayed properly?

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Lol! Well- how about a pic of my view of my computer while trying to work? She was like this for the first hour!

I'm doubting they even came to spray- nothing was disturbed, no odors, roach was still on the stairs ( I would think they would remove it??) and no footprints in my carpet- I had vacuumed before I left

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At least you're allowed to take them to work with you!