Daily Thread Monday May 10th

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning folks!

Well, Trout has taken to waking us up every single night for the past while. She knocks things off of things, tries to get into my closet, jumps all over us, meows..etc.. I don't know what's up with her lately. But...she is annoying!

We had an alright weekend. Josh worked all weekend on papers for school. I lazed around pretty much the whole weekend. Managed to get the laundry done, and we went for a brunch with the moms yesterday.

Off to work in a few, you all have a good one!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning Nat, and others

Aside from jumping on the treadmill for an hour or two, that is all I have "planned" for today.

Yesterday was a very bad day for me, physically and emotionally, so today I am intending on enjoying my time alone, venting some frustrations via working out, doing some blogging, etc.

I was supposed to go into the city with Mark today, but after yesterday, I need the day to myself, so I will go into the city either later this week on my own, or go to work with him next Monday. It is nothing important, just have to get my passport and a couple other errands in the city.

Happy Monday folks, hope the week starts off in a good way for you.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning all....

The weather is very screwy around here. After several weeks of way above normal temps, we bottomed out last night around 35 degrees. And tonight is to be even colder with frost advisories. DH took a vacation day today to plant our flowers and vegetable plants we bought on Saturday, but he's keeping a close eye on the weather. If, indeed, they're still calling for cold, he'l keep the plants in the basement for now and we may start planting on Tuesday night.

Mollipop has her last kitten vet appt tonight, for her rabies shot. That's it then until she goes in for her spay. And no more vaccines, other than her rabies....we don't do the other shots for any of our cats once they've had all their kitten shots. (I wouldn't even do rabies, but it's the law in Pennsylvania, so we have to.) Our vets don't even push the vaccines anymore, since several of them have lost cats to feline sarcoma.

Meeting today right after work, too, then Miss Pop's vet appt, then we have to grab a few groceries. Going to be a busy night.

Have a good one....

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First time in a while that I get to go to the animal shelter. I had to work days the last two weeks, and I won't make it next week (doctor's appointment), so I am severely short on kitty cuddles.

This week I'm going to Laredo tonight, then Austin tomorrow night, then a trip to Houston both Wednesday and Thursday nights.

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Morning,

This is in all likelihood my last week as a grad student as I get hooded on Thursday. They have a job for me in the works, so I may start on that as early as next week. In the meantime, I'm taking advantage of the one perk of being a grad student, lack of responsibility, while I still can. I wandered in at ~ 10:30 today and I'll probably leave by 4. The bloodmobile is here at work today, so I'll probably stop by there and donate before I head home. After that, I'll spend a quiet night at with the kitties reading a book.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow 2 hours later and DS is finally napping. He normally goes down around 9ish but today he was wired. I scrubbed the kitchen sink, washing the sheets & collected the trash for tonight. Next I have to dust the stairs. It's amazing how much pollen is blowing in the house this week. I can't wait for the tree to stop blooming.

Nothing exciting going on. Too windy to go for a walk. Mom's home sick
DH is at work.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning, happy Monday..

I got woken up early this morning by 2 helicopters buzzing around towards downtown (about a mile or so away).. They were up there for over an hour! I looked on the local news site and saw that someone was shot and killed in a parking structure!!
Yeesh! BF called me and said they were closing the street behind him as he was driving to work and saw the SWAT vans coming and all that, so he got through to the freeway just in time. There's still 1 helicopter hovering around, and I am not seeing any updates as to whether they caught a suspect or not so I think I'm staying home for a while...

Always something happening in the LBC...

I would like to head to BevMo! at some point and get some boxes so I can begin packing some things.. But since I'm hanging at home for now, I am doing laundry and am about to do some Wii Fit. Fun times!

Have a good day everyone!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good afternoon

Slept in a little bit this morning - stayed up way too late last night towing home a friend from the dragstrip after his car broke. Got to try out our new 38 ft two car flatbed trailer though

Almost made some nitroglycerin at work this morning
Oops. Apparently the sample provided + my method = nitroglycerin! Then later I had an alligator liver to weigh out ... I played the uber-girly card and one of my co-workers did it for me

Now I'm just finishing up my paperwork for the day and am leaving at 3:45. Latest I've been at work in a long time! Then picking up hubby from work, dinner, and relaxationnnn with my kitt-lings.

Have a good rest of the day!