Daily Thread Monday 11/7/2011

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Morning all!

I am so sun burnt... We went to New River beach yesterday with many members of the family to enjoy the yearly sand sculpture competition and although I THOUGH I put sunscreen everywhere, there were a few places I missed.
The tops of my feet are the worst. Although it was a beautiful day, it was of course full of family drama which is common with my family and I didn't really enjoy the day at all.
Next time, Dana and I will go on our own.

Not much going on today. I'm trying to work out some adoptions for fosters Portia & her baby Beau. I have people interested in both but they don't live close so we're trying to work everything out.
I have an appointment for Portia to be spayed tomorrow though, so happy for her! If all goes well I have a GREAT home lined up for her!
I also now have homes lined up for 3 of Penny's 4 kittens who just turned 4 weeks old, so adoptions are going incredibly well.

momto3boys

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you didn't get to enjoy yourself at New River beach, I know how excited you were to go. I didn't realize it until I seen the pics but a girl I went to school with was there doing sculpters

and YAY on all the adoptions

Today I am cleaning, my Mom is coming over for the night tonight so I am getting her room ready, etc. Supposed to rain most of the day, blah.

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh. 5:40AM and I've been up for 2 hours already, because I had to take BF to the airport for a work trip. He discovered yesterday his radiator is cracked. Glad he discovered it yesterday and not on his way to the airport today! Anyway.. I don't like to believe in 5:40AM. Shouldn't exist.
But, I'm awake now. I may nap later though.

No plans for today besides being sleepy and job searching and maybe some garden work. I'll try to muster up some energy to do a bit of a workout too. Oh, and I'll bring over the leftovers of the homemade ravioli I made yesterday to our friend Scott, because we invited him for dinner but he was already going to his aunt & uncle's for dinner. So I told him we'd save him some if they turned out good. It took hours to make and my arms/hands were screaming at me, but man were they yummy!

OK, well I guess I should get back in my PJs and try to sleep another few hours... have a good day!!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Morning Friends!

Originally Posted by DarkMavis

Ugh. 5:40AM and I've been up for 2 hours already, because I had to take BF to the airport for a work trip. Anyway.. I don't like to believe in 5:40AM. Shouldn't exist.
But, I'm awake now. I may nap later though.
I always said that I was allergic to mornings.
I'm better at awakening early, but I still don't really like to do so. I'm usually up around 5:00 or so; the cats don't believe in sleeping in...they like breakfast bright and early. Well, early, not so bright.

So I was awakened around 5:00 and, since DH isn't home, I got up and gave them their breakfast....it's interesting, to say the least, when I'm trying to feed seven cats in the kitchen. The cats are meowing and milling around and I'm still about half asleep. Trying to microwave Whisper's KD food and Tabby's kitten food to get the chill off and they're yelling at me. What chaos! I shuffle a lot b/c I'm so afraid I'm going to step on a tail or a paw. Thought I'd be able to get on the treadmill, but until I got done with cleaning up after breakfast and all the litter box cleaning and such, well, it was time for my shower.

I'm going home over lunch because since DH isn't home and I have a mtg right after work, I won't get home til well after 6:00. Way too long for a kitten to go without food, so I'll make sure she (and everybody else) gets a bite of lunch. Tabby does have some kitten kibble in the computer room, but she doesn't care for it that much. She's gotten addicted to canned food....didn't take long.

The weeds are growing again, so I have to try to get the lawn mowed tonight, too. Have to check the garden....I picked four really nice zucchini yesterday and 2 cukes. We have little beans on our bean bushes and the corn is starting to show some tassle! We have the beginnings of some broccoli, too! Tomatoes are still green, but we've been picking green peppers.

Have a good one!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, it sounds like at least half of us were up early about 5:00 a.m. Very bad storms rolling through and we lost power for a couple of hours.
. Have you ever tried to feed cats in the dark!! Not easy. I have a little flashlight that I can hold in my mouth
. Hey, it works!! I know what you mean, Pam, about the cats all over the place during feeding times
. I need to share my story about the two new foster's I have in the house now...will do that soon
. So I have six at the moment!!!!

Don't want to get into what my life has been this last week. Most of you already know about my mom and now my daughter's bad decision's AGAIN

I am just trying to catch up on stuff at home. Taking lots of deep breaths and trying to relax myself a bit too. It sure helps having my cats and my two darling dogs, they mean the world to me

Have a great Monday to you all!!!