Daily Question: Tues. March 23 2010

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmmmm...my car is 18 years old. It gets washed when it gets dirty enough that I'm embarrassed by how filthy it is. Probably twice a year, on average. Usually at the end of winter, to wash off the road salt and dirt, and maybe once again in the summer.

lotso'cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm about the same MAYBE twice a year ...

Originally Posted by pushylady

yeah, washing the car... Hmmm, let's see, how often does it rain around here? Seriously, I would say about once a year in a good year. Poor car.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did run the truck through the do it yourself car wash earlier this year to get the salt off but I haven't touched the truck box ummm since last summer-ish. The box gets dirty and since I haul so much landscaping material in it its hard to keep clean. I'm probably better in keeping the inside quasi clean. But once again when landscaping starts I keep lots of equipment and plus I stash plants inside too so getting dirty is inevitable...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

yeah, washing the car... Hmmm, let's see, how often does it rain around here? Seriously, I would say about once a year in a good year. Poor car.
Same here pretty well...but we are very close to getting a new car and I am going to baby it!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The megane gets cleaned at least once a week, if blaine can be bothered its every otherday but only because in a car dealership and does it on his luncg or throws his keys at the valeters and gets them to do it

aside i do have a friend that washes his car EVERY day

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We used to wash and wax the RV and car EVERY WEEK by hand!
Now we do it MAYBE twice a year - though we're not on the road anymore. She's collected a lot of sap on the roof and we really really really need to do it.

The car? Well... I'd say once a month. We have a drive-through car wash we really like. It costs $15 for the full treatment, including the hand dry (but not a hand wax). Gary just can't do much physically these days, and washing the car is something that would trigger an attack.