Daily Question.................05/11/09

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The beach is a 2 hour drive from where I live. I LOVE it. I love the smell and the shops... everything! I also love horseback riding at the beach! I love racing my friends... about two years ago I actually fell off at the beach and had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital. I don't remember much but I still love the beach!

I like to shop at Seaside... and get some salt water taffy! They also have some cool Pirate and knick-knack shops. We typically go riding at Nehalem Bay, I haven't been in the bay, but we're going to ride in it next time! [We just rode along the beach this last time.] I also love going to Mo's they have awesome clam chowder served in bread bowls!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Rob and I went to the beach twice last year. Once was when we stayed in a beachfront hotel for our wedding night and the following night, the second time was in the summer.

We've got plans to go a few times this year, considering its only about 30-40 miles from our house. I love lounging out on Isle of Palms. In 2006 we used to go every Friday for relaxation time after leaving work early (I used to get out at 1pm every Friday, he'd get out around 2pm. Doesn't work that way anymore!)

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live about 10 minutes drive from the beach but believe or not I haven't been to the beach since January and it was 8 hours away!

Here is Papamoa beach

Kieran & I at the beach in Mt. Manganui

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ohh Wellington Cats that beach looks great!!

I ADORE the beach it is my favorite place to be. The last time I went to the beach was last summer and my sisters and I went to Rhode Island. IT was awesome but stilll not a as pretty as the beaches in Florida. There is just something about that super blue water...

I do go to Florida every year only this year I didn't go with my fiance..if we go together then we head to the beaches in Fort Lauderdale, Miami or South Beach. But since I went with my orchestra this year. There were no beaches since i Was too busy chasing a group of student musicians through Disney World!
And the friends that we stay with in Florida when we do go down are coming up to visit us this summer. SO maybe next year I will get to go to the beaches in Florida!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vampcow

ohh Wellington Cats that beach looks great!!

I ADORE the beach it is my favorite place to be. The last time I went to the beach was last summer and my sisters and I went to Rhode Island. IT was awesome but stilll not a as pretty as the beaches in Florida. There is just something about that super blue water...

I do go to Florida every year only this year I didn't go with my fiance..if we go together then we head to the beaches in Fort Lauderdale, Miami or South Beach. But since I went with my orchestra this year. There were no beaches since i Was too busy chasing a group of student musicians through Disney World!
And the friends that we stay with in Florida when we do go down are coming up to visit us this summer. SO maybe next year I will get to go to the beaches in Florida!
Yeah both those beaches are 2 of the best in the country - I liked the top one best, I didn't really like the 2nd one and I hated all the construction going on which you can see in the background.

I didn't swim in either though because of the jellyfish - yet look at how many people were in Papamoa!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last August I think was the last time I went to the beach - to swim. At New Year's we were on the beach, but the water was frozen solid!
I love the beach and swimming, don't really care for sun bathing though. I love our Great Lakes beaches here in Ontario.