Daily Question 02/03/16

rpandcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Somewhere north of Mexico and on the ocean.
Not since 2014--when I got pulled over for crossing a double yellow line. I was going into a strip mall parking lot to meet a friend, and the cop stopped me in front of the In-And-Out. Everyone in the drive-thru line got to watch.

I worked at it really hard, and came away with a $25 ticket for not changing my residence address as I had just moved.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The last time (and only time) I got a ticket was in high school. I was being a stupid kid and driving too fast in a car (only going 7 over though). My car was red. I got pulled over three times in high school pretty much for that.

My mom teaches drivers ed. If she heard you guys talking about these tickets, she would be rolling her eyes at everyone 
 (and reminding people that it only counts as a complete stop if you feel the car roll back on the wheels, cops and traffic cams can see when this happens and when it does not). 

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Several years ago, a friend of mine got a ticket for running a red light. He tried telling the cop he was POSITIVE the light was bright green when he went through it. The cop was a real jerk and said, "If you want to dispute it, go to court on the date on the back of the ticket". My friend said, "Well, if you insist, but you're going to look like a real horses ass in front of the judge"

I went to court with him a couple weeks later and you should have seen the blood run out of the cops face when my friend pulled up his 'work' laptop and showed the video of himself (AND the car behind him) going through a GREEN light! LOL  It just so happened that my friend installed those cameras for a living and he KNEW that particular light had one, so he was always extra careful around lights he knew had cameras. Of course, he viewed the video before going to court - just in case. 

The judge shook his head and said, "Officer 'Smith', that's the third time in this week you gave out tickets at that light that were unwarranted. This one takes the cake! I don't want to see you in my courtroom for a very long time. Dismissed!".

Personally, I like the cameras. They save a lot of people from being wrongfully ticketed, and they also prove who is at fault should there be an accident!