Cuisinart multicooker

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It looks really nice. Does it take up a lot of room on your countertop?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks really nice. Does it take up a lot of room on your countertop?
No,and not heavy like my old ceramic slow cooker that broke broccoli came out perfect. I am no longer using my stove. I kept leaving things on and burning. I just caught a towel on fire. I forget to turn the things off and forget there on

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Nice! I like it!

I hear you about burning dish towels. After Hurricane Agnes hit central PA in 1972, Rick and I had to move in with his parents. Well, up until then I always had a gas stove, so I wasn't used to electric. I burned Rick's mother's gorgeous Dutch oven and had to replace it. Then one night, we were eating dinner and the dish towel caught on fire. Rick's dad got the fire out, came back to the table, looked at me, and said, "If you're not careful, you're going to burn the house down!" He was angry and justifiably so. I felt terrible. When I ended up getting my first electric stove, he actually told me he was worried. And I couldn't blame him.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yikes Winchester Winchester and maggie101 maggie101 :eek2: Gas stoves aren't exactly safe either. My parents have a gas stove and someone is always leaving the knob turned enough to turn off the flames off but not the gas :shocked: I've discovered a gas filled kitchen on many occasions. My parents are just oblivious to the gas smell.

I wonder how the Cusinart compares to an Instant Pot or other pot with more than 3 features?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's been years since I had an electric stove.

I don't have room on my counters or in the kitchen cabinets for another thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an electric stove. I forget and leave things on. Plus my cat Coco leans over and turns it on! This will solve the problem

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gosh I’ve always been more leery of gas stoves. :oops: My grandma made me nervous when she got a flat top stove when those were new. She just wasn’t herself anymore; it was after a stroke and she was getting older.

I’m pretty particular about what gets set on or near the stovetop and I’ve taught the kids to look at the lights to see if a burner has been on. A few weeks ago I turned the wrong burner on and I had an empty mug and my metal and stoneware spoon rest partially on it. Thankfully I realized before any damage was done and I thought to use a potholder to move them instead of grabbing them with my hands.