Crying Orphan

Kaitlynskitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I have a kitten that was seperated from her mother she drinks get milk and poops and pees si I knows she's healthy. But she non stop cries. And she won't poop in the litter box. She purrs when I play with her and let her last in my neck. Any advice how to make her nonstop crying end I feel bad and how do I litter box trained her. Thanks in advance

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Why was she separated from her mother? How old is she?

She may be hungry. Kittens cry when they are hungry.

How much and how often are you feeding her? Will she eat wet cat food?

Here is a link about litter training:

Litter Training

K Kaitlynskitty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kaitlynskitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The lady I got her said the mom left I guess and she firebug know her age I haven't tried car good yet I bought her formula and I lever it in a bowl and she can drink it when ever so I doubt she's hungry

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Fancy Feast makes wet kitten food in turkey and fish flavors. Also get Purina dry kitten chow. You can soften it with formula while he’s little. Most kittens love it!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How is your little cutie doing? In addition to soaked kitten food, you can offer stage2 Gerber baby food (chicken or beef or turkey) - it does not have garlic or onion which are toxic for kittens. You can also try boiled chicken and also hard-boiled egg yolk mashed with formula. I prefer to use goat milk over whey-based formulas or, best yet, fresh raw goats milk (it does not have the lactose of cow's milk). I also have used canned goat milk and the recipe at TCS' own member Hissy's website www.kitten-rescue .com.
Once you are sure that your little one is not hungry or otherwise physically uncomfortable, you can suspect loneliness. It can be very traumatic if she lost her family in a tragedy and cats' emotional brain centers are closely aligned with ours. She is really a cutie and I know that she is in good hands:cheerleader::petcat::catlove::happycat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kaitlynskitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How is your little cutie doing? In addition to soaked kitten food, you can offer stage2 Gerber baby food (chicken or beef or turkey) - it does not have garlic or onion which are toxic for kittens. You can also try boiled chicken and also hard-boiled egg yolk mashed with formula. I prefer to use goat milk over whey-based formulas or, best yet, fresh raw goats milk (it does not have the lactose of cow's milk). I also have used canned goat milk and the recipe at TCS' own member Hissy's website www.kitten-rescue .com.
Once you are sure that your little one is not hungry or otherwise physically uncomfortable, you can suspect loneliness. It can be very traumatic if she lost her family in a tragedy and cats' emotional brain centers are closely aligned with ours. She is really a cutie and I know that she is in good hands:cheerleader::petcat::catlove::happycat:
Awww thank you so much I'm buying her food today and I'll try the baby food. She still refuses to use the litter box last night she licked the litter. She is also starting to suck on my neck I knew I'd for comfort but she does it all the time any suggestions on that?

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can try offering her a bottle but watch that she doesn't swallow the nipple if she chews the end off. You can offer the tip of your little finger, too.
She might still be too young to use the box but she'll get there.

love67742

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What food do you give her? She looks pretty young in the photo, so if you are trying to feed her dry food/wet cat food it may not work as well. what I would do is get kitten milk substitute, it works well for my 3 orphan kittens! Usually when they are hungry they tell you, so make sure to feed her when she meows for a while. Since she looks so young, I wouldn't try to get her to lap milk yet, bottle feeding is defiantly the way to go. hope I helped in some way!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How is the kitten doing today? Is she eating yet? If not, she will need bottle feeding.

You can soak a new, clean makeup sponge in kitten formula and give it to her to suckle on.