Crying Kitten

julieann503

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I found a kitten outside this morning. She looks to be about 8 to 10 weeks. I have her inside now in a big cage. She has a really seriously loud cry and unless I am holding her she is screaming! My 2 dogs and other cat are going a little nuts.
Should I be worried that something is wrong with her or is it just because she is scared?
She is perfectly fine if I pick her up..she purrs and gives kisses.
She eats and plays. Not sure what to do because I cant hold her all the time

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Can you find a sock and partly fill it with rice, and heat it gently and give her that to snuggle with?
Or better might be a heating pad set to low, with a couple of towels over it for her to lie on (literally a couple so as not to cause any burns - kittens are incredibly fragile).

She's confused and needing something to replace her siblings (if she had any) and mom's warmth. There are even "toys" that simulate a heartbeat, that might also help. Or low-volume classical harp music - for some reason that instrument really helps cats.

You might consider getting her in to a vet, have you tried kitten glop to also feed her with? She's going to have a big appetite LOL :)

You sound like you're doing pretty well, but these might also help with your tiny one;

www.kitten-rescue.com

Saving Kittens

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, thank you, thank you for rescuing this kitten!!! It sounds like she has been traumatized - whatever she has endured has left her insecure and terrified. That said, she, like all cats, should be good at looking forward. You have already received some great advice. If you cannot find a heartbeat toy, you can put in a small travel clock.

mokabean

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've fostered a lot of kittens. What I tend to find is that the malnourished ones tend to cry a lot. How much does the kitten weight?