crusty skin on my boy bottm

Annayu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My boy just get neutered few days ago, and I just found two crusty spot on his bottom.
At first I thought that are wounds recover from the surgery, but then i get to know that the incision for male cats is in the scrotum.

The first and second picture show the same spot. I took the first one when i stretch his leg, the circle area feels hard and the second picture shows there are some dotted hump.

The last picture is another spot. It just feels flaky around the blue mark. I applied some topical cream on it, so it looks sparking.

Any helps for these two spots!!! He is my first baby and I really have no ideas on that.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!! Is it possible that he got bitten by something - does he seem itchy or is he trying to lick at those areas? You didn't see anything like that before he went in for the surgery? You might send the second photo to your vet and ask them what they think and also double-check and ask them if the topical cream is safe in case he licks it, but in the meantime you could also try this;

From Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 ;
Chamomile tea is extremely soothing, as well as being antibacterial and antifungal. DO use the commercial tea bags, as those are all German chamomile, medicinally active and safe for cats. (The English variety which is typically what grows in gardens is useless and toxic to cats). ALL COMMERCIAL chamomile tea bags are German so just grab a box at the grocery store, brew a cup, and chill before using by dabbing it on his skin with a clean cotton swab or similar. It can also be used internally for anxiety so it's safe if he licks it :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, Furballsmom Furballsmom beat me here! I was going to suggest the tea. Are you taking him back to have stitches removed? If you are, bring it up to your vet then. It may just be something stuck there, and if it is, swabbing with the tea may well remove it, just GO GENTLY!