Creepy Cat Behaviour Freaking Me Out!

Stephanina

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hellooo...I'm new but have been reading bits on this site for a while now

So...I got 2 kittens in October 2017. 1 male and 1 female and they were roughly 9 weeks old (which I now know was a bit too early to be ideal).

They were both lovely, very friendly and have honestly made the household complete. I adore them both. Ska, the female, has always been a bit more independent and the these days she is out more than she is in and isn't a massive one for sitting and cuddling. Jason however is a different kettle of fish and it's starting to actually get to me a bit lol.

He has always been very much for me but it's beyond that. He stalks me constantly, creeping up on me until he is literally on top of me, he never takes his eyes off me in a slanty predatory way, he always has to be touching me or licking me or resting his nose on me and then he starts dribbling all over me. If I get up he darts to where ever he thinks I'm going like he is terrified I'm going to go somewhere without him. He is relentless and however many times I say no he is there sloooowly creeping back, staring at me. He scratches at my bedroom door manicly in the morning and howls if he can't get in within a few minutes. But the licking is driving me mad now...he can't stop! The way he sort of slowly sneaks up to be on me is strange in a stalker kind of way. It freaks me out now haha.

I LOVE him a lot and I know he is just showing his love for me but it's honestly getting creepy now.

Now I'm 30 weeks pregnant and I wonder if that has anything to do with it but he was definitely showing these behaviours before I was pregnant.

Can anyone help me to just calm this obsession down a bit haha?

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of people report cat-stalkers, and my Clyde qualified for a time. Are you at home full time? That seemed to be the cause in my case.

Not sure there is a way to stop it per se, other than just being stubborn on the stuff that matters. You are entitled to use the keyboard, etc, you are the hooman!

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
He absolutely adores you, so sweet. You can’t stop the staring or him following you everywhere, but you can establish some boundaries. If you don’t like to be licked, set him on the floor or get up when he does it and eventually he will catch on. Ignore him when he scratches at the door and if you never give in, he will give up.