Crazy cat ate some of the absorbent pad from beef

CosmoKittyCanada

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
For the first time ever, our 8 year old cat stuck his head in the garbage can 4 hours ago and pulled out the absorbent pad from the bottom of a tray of raw beef. He didn't eat the plastic but the fibrous stuff that captures the blood. Called the emerg vet x 2 and they said to wait and see if he demonstrates blockage. In any event, it's night time and the emerg clinics have a 18 hour wait unless he is blocked. Other than a bit sullen, he's not showing signs yet. He drank a bunch of water too, which is good. Just to make things interesting he has megacolon and is already on meds for that. I'm freaking out a bit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CosmoKittyCanada

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sounds like you're on poop patrol! I hate that for you, though. It's always so anxiety producing.
I called another emerg clinic and they said pretty much the same thing. With his megacolon, which just about killed him last year, I'm super anxious about anything that could upset his gut.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Watch and see. If he were a kitten I would immediately take him to er. Call your vet if you notice anything different about him. Glad you are keeping an eye on him!