Could I have some vibes please

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all,
just had a phone call of mil that they are taking dh's grandad into hospital, for those of you who don't know he was diagnosed with lung cancer last february and its now in the final stages, he refused treatment as he lost his wife 3 months previous to the diagnosis and didn't feel like he wanted any.
He's been pretty ill these past couple of weeks and the doctor gave him just a couple of weeks maybe last week but was still determined to remain at home with family support and carers but last night he had a fall and the carer found him on the floor this morning, he had been there all night and he forgot to keep his panic button near him and couldn't reach the phone. The carer called mil who called the dr and then went up there, the dr wasnt much help at all just said she was going to take him off his sleeping pills?? Mil said he kept drifting in and out of consciousness ad his breathing is horrendous and very rattly (infact she put the phone near to him and he sounded awful-I have worked as a carer and sort of know that by that kind of breathing he is near the end- how a dr could of left him is beyond me) and so she called Macmillan cancer care who also support him, his support worker has said it looks as though he really hasn't ot long left at all and she has arranged for him to go onto the macmillan unit at the hospital. I know vibes won't help him now but maybe vibes for a peaceful passing, its been a long 13 months and after losing dh's nana its been a bit of a strain. I just hope in some way that when he passes it may bring a little comfort to the family and knowing that hopefully they will be together again.
Mil is going to keep me updated, dh can't go as he has got a work meeting and also to be honest he doesn't really want to face all that again after his nana(he was there with her) and I respect him for that bt his mum sees it differently and thinks he should be there.Anyway thankyou all.xx

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im so sorry Ruthy. You know where I am if you need to talk. I pray that when the inevitable moment comes for him that he goes in peace to be reunited with his beloved wife. I also wish you and your family strength and faith now. It's never easy to let someone you love go, but when the alternative is living in pain then that final rest can be a blessing. Love you very much sweetie. cheryl ooxx

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry this has happened. I know the agony of watching our loved ones go on to a better place.

There is the Hospice poem..."I am standing upon the seashore". If you google that, it will make you smile with the realization that death is not the end. My grandson, only 8 years old read it at my moms funeral.

I will keep your grandfather in my prayers. What a reunion there will be on the other shore.

God bless.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by farleyv

I am so sorry this has happened. I know the agony of watching our loved ones go on to a better place.

There is the Hospice poem..."I am standing upon the seashore". If you google that, it will make you smile with the realization that death is not the end. My grandson, only 8 years old read it at my moms funeral.

I will keep your grandfather in my prayers. What a reunion there will be on the other shore.

God bless.
I read that poem and it is lovely, thankyou for that.Very simple but yet means so much.
Update is he is comfortable,on oxygen and they are doing tests as they can't work out whether he has got an infection of some sort or it is just the cancer, he is in the late stages and it won't be lon before he passes but they are just trying to make him comfortable at the moment.He is incredibly confused and agitated though which must be so frightening for him. I just hope he doesn't suffer for too long. Thankyou again.x