Continuous Meowing - Help

Billiecarolann

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have twin boys - 7 month old. They are adorable and helped me through so much in their small amount of time with me. I got them at 6 weeks old (unaware they were this age but took them straight the vet when I got them to have them checked over.)
They are crazy cats as you would expect, run riot, wreck my house and all this I can deal with. What I am struggling with is they meow constantly and are up till around 11:30pm at night and then wide awake at 4am.
They currently are not neutered and are indoor cats. I will be getting the neutered at the end of this month so not sure if this may help but any suggestions would be great? They are clean, healthy and looked after. They stop by the vets for a check up regularly as the vet watches them for me whilst I am having viewings done at my house. I can't think of any other reason they would constantly meow. They are moggies however, not sure if this makes a difference?

TIA!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: At 7 months, they are getting to that "girl crazy" age, so getting them neutered should help with some of their behaviour.

To try to get them to sleep at night, have a long play session right before bedtime. And if they start bothering you at 4 AM, try to ignore them.

Here's a couple TCS articles with some more info:

Cats And Night Crazies!
How To Stop My Cat From Waking Me Up At Night?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Billiecarolann

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: At 7 months, they are getting to that "girl crazy" age, so getting them neutered should help with some of their behaviour.

To try to get them to sleep at night, have a long play session right before bedtime. And if they start bothering you at 4 AM, try to ignore them.

Here's a couple TCS articles with some more info:

Cats And Night Crazies!
How To Stop My Cat From Waking Me Up At Night?

- Hey! thank you, i found these two articles after writing this post, i do play with them for a substantial amount of time with their laser pen at night, but i tend to let on to them in the morning so going to try and ignore them and fingers crossed. I get up at 5:30 so i know they will start stirring before then and any movement i make will have them up. I did consider rehoming them as i was really struggling with little sleep however i just can't bring myself to do it so will do all i can to solve this issue =D!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Billiecarolann

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, the good old hormones start around that age. They want to find a girlfriend, so they cry out like a foghorn. Been there. Neutering should help. :)
- It's good to know someone else has experienced this, i have scheduled them in to be neutered at the end of this month. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed haha!