Contagious gut problems?

ChunkyNaomBaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I posted about my cat who was throwing up and leaking fluid from his butt. He is doing better, he is no longer leaking fluid and only threw up once today. I called the vet early this morning but was only able to get an appointment for tomorrow at 3:40pm. I think he will be fine until then, he is drinking and playing. I also gave him some chicken baby food recently and he seems to be keeping it down. But now I have another problem. My other cat, Baby, had diarrhea and now doesn’t want to eat. She also moves very slowly and lies down awkwardly. Could it be something contagious? When Naom first started showing weird symptoms I isolated him from the other cats. I’m going to give all three of my cats just plain boiled chicken for dinner tonight to help their stomachs. I’m just really confused. Should I be worried about my third cat catching it? I don’t think I can afford to take Baby to the vet as well, but I will mention her at Naoms appointment.
Also, I was wondering if anyone has any food suggestions. I feed them Purina One Tender Selects Blend dry food and Fancy Feast grilled seafood wet food. I want to switch to something more healthy for them , but also not too expensive. Maybe changing their food to something better will keep them healthier.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I assume he has been combo tested? If so, it is probably coincidence though if you're worried keep the third cat in a different room

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ChunkyNaomBaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I assume he has been combo tested? If so, it is probably coincidence though if you're worried keep the third cat in a different room
No, he hasn’t been tested for anything yet. His vet appointment isn’t until tomorrow.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Could it be something contagious?
Yes. There could be different reasons, keeping them separate is the best. When they feel better still keep their litterboxes separate for an extra week at least in my opinion.

I was wondering if anyone has any food suggestions. I feed them Purina One Tender Selects Blend dry food and Fancy Feast grilled seafood wet food. I want to switch to something more healthy for them , but also not too expensive.
For the price, don't forget to make calorie-cost calculation. I give the street cats mainly Purina One Adult Chicken and it's quite lower in calories compare to my own cat's food Acana Wild Prairie. Acana still costs more expensive for the same amount of calories but not as much as what it looks like at first. Especially considering Acana also has some additives like milk thistle, turmeric root and other stuff people buy as a health supplement for cats.

My cat mostly eats wet food -- currently Purina Gourmet Gold (very similar to Fancy Feast I heard) and Miamor pate. For dry she eats Acana.