Constipation

Aafia Ijaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of my cats is pooping but that is constipated poop. What should i do to make her poop normal? She's eating though. However, she's sleeping most of the time probably because of the hot weather. She gets lethargic during summer. She doesn't drink water though i try to give her tap water in a mug but she drinks it sometimes and sometimes not. I make sure she gets the water through chicken broth. But what else can i do? I don't have a lot of options in my country and can't really afford wet food as she's already on royal canin hairball care dry food which has fiber in it

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome ! poor kitty canned ;pumpkin can help. they usually like it ! make sure its plain, not spiced up for pies.
they can also have miralax in small doses, but I would do that as a last resort and would check with a vet. are you able to get a water fountain ? a lot of kitties are drawn to the running water , and will drink more. Im sure this site has lots of tips on helping kitties with this issue. one of my kitties had it. the miralax worked for her. Good luck !!

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Keep me posted. My cat is struggling w this too. Going to vet tomorrow for advice.

WMM201

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Would it be possible for you to bring the car into the vet for subcutaneous fluids, just once, and to get some lactulose? The fluids and lactulose will help her clear up the constipation she has now, and then you can used the canned pumpkin and miralax for maintenance. Good luck!

WMM201

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Would it be possible for you to bring the car into the vet for subcutaneous fluids, just once, and to get some lactulose? The fluids and lactulose will help her clear up the constipation she has now, and then you can used the canned pumpkin and miralax for maintenance. Good luck!
Bring the cat, not the car. The car doesn't need fluids!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Feed mostly wet food and add water to make gravy. Cut back on dry food. You can also try adding plain canned pumpkin to the wet food.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You could also try psyllium, fibre helps to improve stools, mix a pinch into her food a couple of times a day and as said above, add water to her food. She may need a laxative first to help clear this constipation.