Constipated Cat

tlco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Male cats and I am assuming your cat is a male as you refer to the cat as him, are prone to urine crystals and bladder stones. I suggest putting him on a good dry food especially formulated for Urinary tract / bladder health for your cat. There are several good ones ask your vet which one they suggest. I had a male cat that was very prone to bladder stones and crystals once his food was changed all the UTI's stopped, male cats for some reason are more prone to it than females. Here are some suggested dry foods for your cat, also you should avoid high fish content in the food as it can cause more harm than good. Good luck home he feels better soon.
Cat Foods for Urinary Health
  • Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Feline Urinary SO Canned Cat Food. ...
  • Pro Plan Focus Adult Urinary Tract Health Formula Canned Cat Food. ...
  • Hill's Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Feline. ...
  • Wysong Uretic Feline Diet Dry Cat Food. ...
  • Purina One Cat Adult Urinary Tract Formula Cat Food...(not my favorite but if you can't afford the others its better then not feeding a specialty cat food for urinary health.)
Please do a little research some cats are actually allergic to fish in the cats food and it can cause health issues.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How's he doing today? Better I hope. As to the above advise about getting him on a good DRY food formulated for urinary issues, I might suggest, since he already eat some WET food, that you keep him on WET instead, and try to transition him to nearly ALL wet food. They make urinary food also, if necessary. But the more moisture he can take in, the better, PLUS, since he's overweight, canned food can help him lose weight, particularly if you can find a food that is higher in protein and lower in carbs for him. That should help him feel more satisfied with less calories if you decide to try to help him lose some weight (after he's better, of course. He doesn't need any stress at the moment)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Samkat923

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry I didn't update yesterday. Got roped into training classes at work. Uggh! Yogi is much much better. Last dose of Clavamox this morning. (I know he is happy about that). He is supposed to go back for a recheck the end of the week. Thank you all for your help and encouragement through this ordeal.
:clapcat::thumbsup: