Confused on nipple pinking.

MamaG2019

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I believe my cat may be pregnant. She's an outdoor cat, she usually hangs out in the garage and doesn't wander too far. I'll be super excited if she's pregnant. I can't tell if her nipples are pinking or not. Okay hey don't seem like the descriptions or pictures I've seen online. I'm stressing a little because when I was pregnant, my dog had a pseudo pregnancy. We noticed her belly was bigger a couple weeks ago. I'm just wanting other opinions so I know if I should set things up differently here to make her birthing a little easier

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If she’s unspayed and has access to outside, she’s most likely pregnant. How old is she?

I would say plan for kittens. Her belly should begin to show around the end of the fifth week.

We’re here for all your questions, but once you know she’s pregnant for sure, keep her 100% inside. Do you plan to spay her after this litter weans?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MamaG2019

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If she’s unspayed and has access to outside, she’s most likely pregnant. How old is she?

I would say plan for kittens. Her belly should begin to show around the end of the fifth week.

We’re here for all your questions, but once you know she’s pregnant for sure, keep her 100% inside. Do you plan to spay her after this litter weans?
She is about a year old. I do plan on spaying after. She's our little farm cat, so she's outside unless she finds her way into the garage.
She seems to be showing already. She's a very slender kitty. I've bought kitten food for her because that's what I've read is best for pregnant cats. I am wondering if these Are the pinking of her nipples? Or should they be a darker color. I've seen a lot of different Info on that. I've also wondered if her belly could be this big due to worms. She hasn't been worked recently since the store was out of her wormer medication.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It won’t hurt to worm her, but that’s not a worm belly. It’s a pregnant belly! Her nipples should get more prominent as the pregnancy progresses. Since she’s already showing she’s likely close to 6 weeks along. Pregnancy runs 63-68 days, so another 3 weeks or so.

MamaG2019

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It won’t hurt to worm her, but that’s not a worm belly. It’s a pregnant belly! Her nipples should get more prominent as the pregnancy progresses. Since she’s already showing she’s likely close to 6 weeks along. Pregnancy runs 63-68 days, so another 3 weeks or so.
that makes me feel much, much better! Thank you! I'll try to keep you updated!

MamaG2019

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hey, just for future reference, is the picture I posted of her nipple considered "pinking"? I saw a few different examples online, so I'm not sure what to think about hers.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It appears to be, but time will tell more if her belly continues to grow and you begin to see kitten movement.

MamaG2019

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It appears to be, but time will tell more if her belly continues to grow and you begin to see kitten movement.
her nipples still haven't changed much, not any darker, but her belly is much bigger now

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you get a photo of her from above to show her sides? I’d like to see if it looks like the typical pregnancy bulges.

MamaG2019

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Can you get a photo of her from above to show her sides? I’d like to see if it looks like the typical pregnancy bulges.
sorry, they're a bit blurry

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Not all cats “pink up” the same way. If she is indeed pregnant, her nipples should become more prominent as the pregnancy progresses.

MamaG2019

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not all cats “pink up” the same way. If she is indeed pregnant, her nipples should become more prominent as the pregnancy progresses.
thank you!! I wasn't sure if it meant she didn't have enough of something in her diet or not.