Concerns about my cats poop

Solstice123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
20220324_075432.jpg

I spoke to a vet on chewy.com and he said since my cat is acting normal and eating and drinking normally he is ok. He said the redness could be from dyes in my cats food and the pale yellow from moving too quickly through him. He showed me a picture of what color poop I should be concerned about which was if the cat poop was completely black or more red. Also said the hair like texture could be from grooming his brother.
He's not straining to poop from what I've seen and acting completely normal otherwise but I wanted to get more opinions on it. Also it's smooshed like that cause I was examining it before I took the picture.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he goes outside at all, it could also be from some small prey he ate. I often find this, parts of mice, rabbits, etc. in my outside cats. Cats also pass any hair they lick on themselves and others, which is normal. If they don't pass it, it forms in their stomach and becomes the famous hairball they vomit up. I agree with the vet. As long as he is eating/drinking/using the litter box and not hiding, everything is normal.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks a little odd, but not enough to worry much. Just keep an eye on him for any untoward behaviors and take action if he exhibits any. I don't think there will be any problem.