Conan’s Grass Nest

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of you may recall that Conan aka Shifferbrains liked to go outside for a short time on good weather days. This appeared to help a lot with his hyperactive tendencies. Some Cat Siters expressed dismay or at least concern as to the risks this poses for Conan, in light of the various hazards out there. (Understandably.) So far, Conan has been good about going out then coming back in; I've got a routine for evening feeding so he's always up for that. (Canned cat food, no less. Plus mooching my roommate and my suppers.)

Yesterday I pulled a bunch of weed grasses from some potted palms (pictured below) and left some of them by the fireplace to toss in the fire.

Turns out that Conan loves the grassy nest and sits on it for long periods of time and doesn’t appear as hot to go outside as before. I offer this as a possible solution for others of you who might be having a Conan-hyperactivity problem. Curious to know more.

6F2D1DEE-2E0C-43DE-B6FA-FC199BB4BBD3.jpeg
22A6B09C-25B7-4965-A685-DDCB8B925C1C.jpeg

Last edited:

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you've ever watched Cole & Marmalade on YouTube, their human often has paper grass, probably from the party supplies store, for his cats to play in. They seem to like it.

Maybe you could try some for Conan. Who knows? Maybe he'll like it, too! :)

Many cats like to operate from a position of cover. Casper does. I suppose it offers the protection of camouflage.
But, Casper, being an all-white cat, is rather hard to camouflage unless he's knee deep in snow! ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Conan really likes that grass!

A home you can eat! What could be better? You can see the dent he's made in the pile, like a bird's nest.

AF8BAE2B-7B30-4DD0-A3FB-38F8F4D27120.jpeg
87840CC6-F82B-428A-B059-1E65F813DB1F.jpeg