Computer Is Making Me Crazy

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too Long: Didn't Read - My computer's monitor periodically shadows. Bought new monitor. Data needs to be transferred from that computer to another.

A couple of weeks ago the monitor for my Sonny all-in-one Windows 7 computer started showing an intermittent shadowing in lower right and left of center at the bottom of the screen. Sometimes it appeared after computer was on for an hour, sometimes it would not appear when computer was on for 6 or more hours. My response was to promptly shut down, wait a while, turn on - and the shadowing would be gone.

I also have an HP Windows 10 computer which I hardly ever turn on. Interestingly, when the HP is on, it uses the Sony monitor. And never shadows.

Anyhow - now have a new monitor. Later in the week a friend is coming over. He and Himself will transfer all my information, data, images etc from Sony to HP. I believe the plan is also to remove the 1 terabyte SSD from the Sony and install it in the HP (which also has a 1 terabyte but not SSD) for extra storage.

My life is interesting enough. I do not need this.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It is probably just as well that the Sony is giving out. Windows 7 isn’t supported anymore by most browsers so it is way more susceptible to viruses and hackers. It is what drove me to get a new computer a few months ago even though my Windows 7 computer was still running fine. Fortunately, my monitor was separate and it works great, as does my old printer, with the new Windows 11.

Transferring files is pretty straightforward and amazingly quick so it should go well and you will be set.