Colony Caretaker Facing Possible Fines/Jail In Gilbert, Arizona USA

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am hoping TCS members/visitors will click on this link and then leave Gilbert, Arizona a message on their facebook page. Gilbert man faces possible jail time for feeding feral cats

The facebook page link is: https://www.facebook.com/GilbertTownHall/

Please be civil but remind them that well managed, well cared for community cats are an asset to their communities, keeping rodent populations down and thereby decreasing disease in their communities. Please also suggest they visit alleycat.org which is Alley Cat Allies' website, to learn more about this issue and to contact them for more information and help. You may be instrumental in helping to save innocent lives and keep Paul and other activist heroes from being fined/jailed. These draconian anti-cat policies must be done away with! and this will only happen if enough people set the reactionaries straight.
*Sorry the second hyperlink doesn't seem to have copied correctly, but PLEASE hand-type it. Paul Rodriguez is a huge hero for community cats and he NEEDS our support.*:yess:

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I’m not on Facebook. Tell me where to write them. I’m so safe to hear this. In many places I have found Arizona to have some of the better laws concerning cats. I’ve even connected TCS members to help in that state. This is heartbreaking. Paul R. Is not the first person I have heard of being aressted for being a kind, responsible and caring human. As I always say, if you are not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem. The people causing this arrest are part of the problem. I hope everyone helps them to learn that they have made a mistake here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Stray/abandoned & feral cats are such a sad problem , and too few of "us" around to help. 😒
Not if everyone gets involved and does what they can -- sharing online, getting involved physically in our neighborhoods, attending municipal and other governmental meetings like Jcatbird Jcatbird does, telling our relatives, coworkers, friends and neighbors about TNR and managed colonies, the list is endless and everyone can do something to help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jcatbird Jcatbird , and addendum to my original post, here are some alternate ways to contact the city of Gilbert, Arizona:
www.gilbertaz.gov
GILBERTAZ.GOV/STATEOFTHETOWN
Gilbert, Arizona Town Center
50 E. Civic Center Drive
Gilbert, AZ 85296
1.480.503.6871 (telephone)
PLEASE WRITE/PHONE/SHARE WITH OTHER CARING TCS MEMBERS and relatives, friends, coworkers, neighbors, etc.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I’m not on Facebook. Tell me where to write them. I’m so safe to hear this. In many places I have found Arizona to have some of the better laws concerning cats. I’ve even connected TCS members to help in that state. This is heartbreaking. Paul R. Is not the first person I have heard of being aressted for being a kind, responsible and caring human. As I always say, if you are not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem. The people causing this arrest are part of the problem. I hope everyone helps them to learn that they have made a mistake here.
I'm not a facebooker either, nor twitter. ack.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am hoping TCS members/visitors will click on this link and then leave Gilbert, Arizona a message on their facebook page. Gilbert man faces possible jail time for feeding feral cats

The facebook page link is: https://www.facebook.com/GilbertTownHall/

Please be civil but remind them that well managed, well cared for community cats are an asset to their communities, keeping rodent populations down and thereby decreasing disease in their communities. Please also suggest they visit alleycat.org which is Alley Cat Allies' website, to learn more about this issue and to contact them for more information and help. You may be instrumental in helping to save innocent lives and keep Paul and other activist heroes from being fined/jailed. These draconian anti-cat policies must be done away with! and this will only happen if enough people set the reactionaries straight.
*Sorry the second hyperlink doesn't seem to have copied correctly, but PLEASE hand-type it. Paul Rodriguez is a huge hero for community cats and he NEEDS our support.*:yess:
I've heard of the alleycat.org site. Not sure if I've run across it in the reviews section for cat groups and cat shelters, as that section got all flummoxed during several forum platform transitions -- you'll see the links didn't properly translate into clickable urls during those transitions.

See:
Cat Shelters and Rescues

I did convo Anne about those bad links not working this summer of 2017 and last summer too, but although she did reply, she never contacted me again about having mods, tech/ people fixing it! (I'd love to have her input on it... I thought she just thought it wasn't important but it is to me.)

I'm usually always offline at nite (a morning person because of Milly!) -- so I will have to say good night and hope for the very best for me and everyone!
This is a great web site -- it is worthwhile!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I"ll be making that phone call tomorrow during business hours! I think a phone call might have more impact, actually. BURN THOSE LINES UP! This is all too typical!

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
They grip about feral cats killing and eating the wildlife, but yet, those same people then complain when somebody is feeding the cats, thus decreasing the risk of them killing and eating the wildlife.

Does any of this make sense to you?